Author Topic: One Year Post Translab...  (Read 5812 times)

cindyj

Re: One Year Post Translab...
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2009, 12:33:07 pm »
Thanks, Debbi!  Your story was really one of the first one's I followed in the early part of my AN "journey."  You were always so positive and upbeat throughout all your many ordeals with your surgery and recovery.  You set a great example for me to go by!  And, of course, as a recipient of your Magic Scarf, I am especially grateful to you!

Tammi!  Great to hear from you! Glad to know you're busy!  You're so right -  one must keep moving!  Do hope to see you at our winter support group meeting - we're also sort of talking about getting together for lunch sometime in the next few weeks.  Watch for details when and if they emerge...

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2009, 12:39:40 pm »
Ms. Cindy!  :-*  Trying to play catch up with everyone but how could I not come in, give a MAJOR congrats to you on your ANniversary..... seems like yesterday you were just diagnosed and in decision mode... and now look at you! Well done!

Congrats, congrats.. and many more happy, HEALTHY ANniversaries!  :-*

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2009, 04:34:09 am »
Happy ANniversary, Cindy!  You've passed the hardest milestone, congratulations and many, many more!
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Kaybo

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2009, 08:09:32 am »
Cindy~
Just now seeing this - what an incredible year you have had - not just surgery, but all you have accomplished AFTER surgery!!  You go girl!  Thanks for the ray of sunshine that you are around here!  Onward and upward!

K   ;D

Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2009, 01:28:45 pm »
From a newly annointed member of the AN community, I offer my congrats to you Cindy!!  I think a lot of us newbies really enjoy seeing how life is AFTER all this crap is over and done with, what people have accomplished, whether good or bad.  Gives us hope and encouragement.  I will look forward to posting MY one year anniversary thing!! :) 
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston