Author Topic: Good Morning!  (Read 779581 times)

matti

Re: Good Morning!
« Reply #1335 on: October 03, 2006, 06:45:14 pm »
Glad to see you are making your way out of sick bay, we missed you!!

Our sweet Captain has been doing her magical chants trying to get you all healed up

Hugs,
Cheryl

My favorite Tim Tam's are the double coated chocie.   YUM!!!!!
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Chris

« Reply #1336 on: October 03, 2006, 07:05:09 pm »
Referring people to this site! How will any of us ever be taken seriously? Aren't we supposed to be sick and whinge about it continuously?
2.5cm AN diagnosed late 2005 and treated with fractionated stereotactic radiation in Sydney Australia Oct 2005

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #1337 on: October 03, 2006, 07:57:43 pm »
Well, how about this:

Attention all newbies to this AN site. This thread is the fun thread. For serious threads click on ANA Discussion Forum and go from there.  There IS important information and serious stuff on this site, but this thread isn't it!!  We feel that even though Acoustic Neuroma is a very
serious subject with very serious consequences, we can still have a sense of humor and this is our place to relax and unwind; sort of like the bar at the medical convention.  So explore the site, find out the information you need, seek support, and visit our "bar" if you want.  Thank you.

Sue in Vancouver
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Chris

« Reply #1338 on: October 03, 2006, 09:28:07 pm »
Thanks Sue. That is the thing I love about this site. The medical information is the most thorough and un-baised I have come across and when I want a light hearted and friendly approach I flick to the Good Morning thread. I keep plugging this site via the Australian group too.
2.5cm AN diagnosed late 2005 and treated with fractionated stereotactic radiation in Sydney Australia Oct 2005

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #1339 on: October 07, 2006, 10:04:58 am »
HEY ALL?     ................... GOOD MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DID THIS THREAD JUST DIE OFF.  WE NEED OUR CAP'N AND LAZ TO COME BACK AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

CLOUDY SKIES AND RAIN AGAIN TODAY, MAKES FOR MAJOR WONKY HEAD. THE WEATHER DUMMIES PREDICTED A DRY OCTOBER AFTER THE 2 SPLENDA STORMS IN SEPT. IT'S OCT 7TH AND SO FAR WE HAVE HAD 5 DAYS OF RAIN.
BETTER THAN SPLENDA I GUESS.

Patti yootee
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #1340 on: October 07, 2006, 12:01:22 pm »
You're right, where is everyone???????

ROLL CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #1341 on: October 07, 2006, 03:36:53 pm »
AAAARRRRRRRRRRR! Ye Scallywags and Wenches!!!!!

Capt Deb here and reporting for duty!!!

Have had 2 days of what I call a "gravity storm!"
In normal speak it be a major fatigue problem--couln't even drag my sorry a$$ upstairs to the puter cabin or even to the kitchen to get a bit ter eat!! My absentee husband came home with a bag of groceries Thursday evening, fixed me a bee-oo-tee-ful dinner, and talked sweet to me all evening and I started to perk up a bit. I decided to join him on this weekend of working away from home on the fixer-upper that we're doing in Charlotte.

Today I went to the mall with daughter-in-law and Thing 1 and Thing 2 and did quite alright and am feeling almost back to my feisty piratical self! I never really got the brutal headache that usually goes along with these fatigue break-downs, which may be due to 1800 mg of Neurontin daily.

Thanks fer mindin' the helm fer me! So where we be headin'?  TimTam factory? Or shall we head to Boston ter disrupt the weddin' Night Feast o' Miss Pearly Girly and Cheeky Bloke? Shall we go drive 'em nuts? Hee-hee-hee!!!!!

Capt Deb 8)
who's up to NO GOOD!!! (as usual)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #1342 on: October 07, 2006, 08:36:06 pm »
Poet Lorry-ate Sue, here!!  Oooo, an old fashioned CHIVAREE.  Poor Phyl and Cheeky Bloke.

Glad everyone is feeling better. I was kind of down-in-the dumps yesterday.  In some dreams that I remember, I am deaf and/or hard of hearing!!  Now, that's not fair. I should be able to hear perfectly well in my dreams.  I woke up remembering that and got into a foul mood. 

Let's get the PBW that is foundering off the Pacific Coast and GO SOMEWHERE!! I'm getting sea-sick already.

We are lost in the Pacific,
Once, it was terrific,
Now there is a chill,
And we better find Phyl,
'Cause with evil Pirate glee,
We'll have a chivaree!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 11:51:15 am by Sue »
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #1343 on: October 08, 2006, 12:13:58 pm »
Glad yer back ready to plunder Cap'n Deb.   You went to the mail and WHAT???? NO TIM TAM"S???????????

Me must of sent "em by Pirate ship, taking toooooo long!  or some  postal worker could smell 'em through the package and is sittin in some corner with empty Tim Tam pkg and choccie smudgies on der face.

Hope they show up soon, Gald yer feelin better

Had a girly party last night, the rum barrel is now empty. wore me pirate sockies & shirt, got lots of completments and question. All I could say was         AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Patti UT
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #1344 on: October 08, 2006, 03:37:27 pm »
Yeah, but once they appear next ter the flippin' Chips Ahoy, I bet they don't taste nearly as good!  Scarcity makes everthing better! Right Batty????? :o

Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

marystro

« Reply #1345 on: October 08, 2006, 04:14:56 pm »
Hubby is doin' laundry right now...  Captain's order!
Monday is company team building "Amazing Race" and I am team lead.  Will have them pirate socks on and will tell others to deck out the same...  As lead I guess me will boss 'em 'round a bit and it's for a good cause.  Who can argue?

Good luck, Monday, Capt.

Mary
Mary
July 2006 - 22 x 18 x 20 mm
August 2006 - CK at Stanford by Dr. Chang/Dr. Soltys
February 2008 - 19 x 15 x 20 mm and stable
May 2009 - 17 x 14 x 18 mm

HeadCase2

• Carpe Grog
« Reply #1346 on: October 09, 2006, 06:55:25 am »
Capt,
  I agree the Tim Tams probably won't taste as fine when they're next to the Chip's Ahoy.  I've also noticed that someone else's Grog always tastes better than me own Grog.  Let's pillage the next passing cruise ship, and see what kind of plunder we can come up with.  We'll obscond with what's beihind the Bar, and capture their pastry chef.
Rob
1.5 X 1.0 cm AN- left side
Retrosigmoid 2/9/06
Duke Univ. Hospital

GrogMeister of the PBW

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #1347 on: October 09, 2006, 11:23:59 am »
I'll distract the pastry chef, and you knock him over the head, Rob!  I hope them be good pastries!!!

I would say if they appear next to the Chips Ahoy, make the trip and buy the imported ones.  I'm such a snob anymore, American Chocolate tastes like wax to me...My mom actually wrote a letter to Nestle to ask why the good stuff goes to everywhere else but N. America...they wrote back and told her it's because Americans will eat the nasty stuff, so they won't waste the good stuff on us....and they have no plans to either.  What an insult!!!!!!! 
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

matti

« Reply #1348 on: October 09, 2006, 04:08:58 pm »
Wasn't Nestle's slogan "Nestle makes the very best Chocolate"?   Apparently us folks in the U.S. will never know >:(

I wonder if there is a job out there that would require one to travel the world in search of fine chocolates

Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #1349 on: October 09, 2006, 07:07:18 pm »
I want Rachsel Tay's job on the $40.00 a day show. I'm sure she has eaten lots of wonderful choccie in her travels eating all over the world for $40.00 a day,  How long has she been doing that show now?? I think her turn is over. Time for someone else to get a turn.

Pick me,  pick me

Patti UT