Author Topic: Suregery rescheduled  (Read 4010 times)

Sammict

Re: Suregery rescheduled
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2008, 08:37:06 am »
I just heard from my doctor my surgery to repair my ear drum is scheduled for 6/12. And they are looking at a Sept date for my Translab. This should give my ear drum time to heal and the infection should be gone.

thanks for all your advice it has helped a great deal.

Sam

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2008, 11:27:37 am »
Sam -

if you haven't already, please put your ear drum surgery on the AN Calendar so we don't forget it.

Thanks,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

wendysig

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2008, 09:06:30 pm »
Hi Sam -

I haven't  yet had my surgery scheduled, but it is in the works.  I can imagine how frustrating and nerve racking it must be to have to reschedule.  You do your best to get mentally prepared and then nothing happens.  Sorry to hear about your eardrum infection and the surgery you need for tthat too.  I guess when it rains, it pours.  Hang in there and I'm sure things will get better.  I know iit's easier said than done, but try not to stress out over this stuff.  It won't help and you'll still be stressed out.  I am thinking of trying a yoga class to help me relax, as I hear it's great for stress and not that hard if you can find a beginner class.  Maybe it would help you too if you have time for that sort of thing.

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Sammict

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2008, 07:24:37 am »
thanks Wendy

I actually was thinking about taking yoga I heard it does work. Also someone told meditation. I have a four year old running around she also helps to keep my mind off of everything.

Thanks for the advice

Sam