Author Topic: CK and balance issues  (Read 1363 times)

sher

CK and balance issues
« on: June 08, 2008, 11:16:05 pm »
Hi Everyone,
I haven't had a working computer for a week or so....
I have a question, if anyone knows... I have some quite significant balance issues. Has anyone had improvement with CK? I also just found out I have a herniated disc between c5 and 6 in my back. I have a pinched nerve that is playing havoc with weird feelings in my scalp. I am trying to figure out what is AN symptoms and what is pinched nerve symptoms.
sher
1.2cm x 0.6 cm extracanicular component (7 mm) 05/08/08
MRI in AUG 08  showed 30 % growth
Having CK 9/30, 10/1 and 10/2/08
1/12/08 MRI shows swelling

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: CK and balance issues
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 11:24:48 pm »
Hi, sher -

I have absolutely no idea what the answer to your question is - sorry - I just wanted to say it's good to see you back  :)

Sorry to hear about the computer problem and the pinched nerve,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

fbarbera

Re: CK and balance issues
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 03:02:18 pm »
Before treatment with CK in August 2007, I had intermittent balance episodes lasting anywhere from a few hours to a couple of days .  I had intense balance symptoms for several months after treatment as well.  I'm now about 9/10 months after treatment and my balance has greatly improved.  No more intense episodes.  Just a minor imbalance-type sensation that has a minimal impact on my life.  However, when it comes to balance, I think you need to be cautious and be sure to talk with doctors about how your specific balance issues (which could have different causes from my balance issues) should impact your treatment decision.  Good luck and be well, Francesco