Author Topic: tearing eye  (Read 2408 times)

kevins

tearing eye
« on: May 10, 2006, 08:41:31 pm »
I am four years post op and also have tearing while eating.  After reading your posts I can also say I have had a runny nose while eating, but just never put the two together.  Has anyone heard a motor noise while moving your eyes from side to side.
Kevin Syfert

Battyp

Re: tearing eye
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 09:44:49 pm »
A motor noise like vrrrmmmm vrrrmmm..??  I'm just funning with you...when I turn my head I hear a strange noise but attributed to my neck which was messed up before surgery.  Man I hate that running nose when you eat!  I hate going on dinner dates!  YUCKY >:(

Road Trip Dale

• Dale - 6 days after surgery!
    • Frappr/dale
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 07:58:04 am »
I asked the doctor about the tearing and runny nose when I saw him yesterday and he called a "string of words" that I could never remember much less pronounce.  He said its caused by the proximity of the taste and tearing nerves to the number VII facial nerve, and they just misfire.  He said it should improve but there was no guarantees.

As for the motor, I know if I'm tired and move my head quickly I hear a noise that goes from my good side to the bad side, almost like stereo.  Have no clue what it is or how to discribe the sound, could be like a motor I suppose.  He also said not to worry (they always say that) it should subside.
1.75 AN Right Side
Translab 4/16/06
Dr. Charles Leutje and Dr. Paul Camarata
St Luke's, Kansas City, MO

matti

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 01:23:19 pm »
I also have the tearing and runny nose when I eat or exercise. It has pretty much stayed the same since my surgery 8 years ago. The AN side of my face as well as my ear will turn bright red and feel hot when I chew for a while or get stressed.

I sometimes get a sound similar to a helicopter and also a swooshing sound in addition to the tinnitus. Never a dull moment LOL

3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 08:00:34 am »
Tearing and runny nose coupled with a one-sided headache are symptoms of "hemicrania continua" a rare form of headache that my neuro doc is trying to diagnose in me via an Indomethacine trial.  I hope I have this which means that my relentless post-op headaches have a name and that they can be controlled which means I can have some of my life back and be free of narcotic pain meds. Yahoo!

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

themis1982

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 01:24:24 pm »
I experience surgey-side headaches too. My Dr. says it's the bone dust that was left behind when they sawed my scull.