Author Topic: Anyone with no headaches?  (Read 10854 times)

thecakes

Anyone with no headaches?
« on: April 08, 2006, 12:42:01 pm »
   My heart goes out to all of you that have headaches, I hate pain myself, as I'm sure we all do.  Reading these posts makes me think how lucky I am.  I never had even a little headache since my operation, oct 02.  No pain.  Not even a second of pain.  I did"nt get off on this with no complications at all, but I feel very lucky.  Is there anyone out there with no headaches at all?

Raydean

Re: Anyone with no headaches?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2006, 01:04:04 pm »
I also head no headaches post surgery, tho I did have other problems.  My daughter has frequent severe headaches due to non AN health condition.  (Chiari type 1).  I really feel for the Aner's with headaches, migraines, or other health conditions that result in headaches.  I did hear on the news the other night that there is a new drug that shows promise for migraines.  I'll look it up and see if I can copy the article.
Best to all
Chet 
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Raydean

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2006, 01:09:57 pm »
Here's the article on the new drug for migraines  Might be something to ask your doctor about.
Source of information    www.komotv.com

Chet

New Treatment For Migraines

April 6, 2006

By KOMO Staff & News Services

Tools
 Email This Story
 Printer-friendly Version

SAN DIEGO - Scientists meeting at the American Academy of Neurology annual conference in San Diego report that combining two pain medications already being sold can help banish headaches faster.

A new drug called Trexima Migraine combines the common medication Sumatriptan with Naproxen sodium into 1 tablet. This combination of drugs are the same as those found in the migraine drug called Imitrex and the over the counter painkiller Aleve.

Two new studies of almost 3,000 migraine patients finds that taking the Trexima gave more patients headache relief within 2 to 4 hours than taking either the Imitrex ingredient or a placebo pill alone.

Migraine expert Dr. Stephen Silberstein says hitting headaches with this double punch attacks the headache at multiple levels in the nervous system, producing faster pain relief.

The company says they expect Trexima to be FDA approved and available to consumers by the end of the year.

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Jeanlea

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2006, 03:15:45 pm »
Headaches was one of the things I worried I would get post-surgery.  I didn't have them before and luckily don't have them now.  One thing to be grateful for.  The facial numbness and paralysis don't cause me any pain at least.
I feel for people who have the headaches.  My husband had headaches every day, probably caused by arthritis in his neck.  He finally found a drug that worked well for him and then it was taken off the market due to problems. Vioxx and Bextra. 

Jean
translab on 3.5+ cm tumor
September 6, 2005
Drs. Friedland and Meyer
Milwaukee, WI
left-side facial paralysis and numbness
TransEar for SSD

Battyp

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2006, 04:32:02 pm »
I too have not had post op headaches.  I had enough preop to last for a while I guess!  I also have enough post op problems without the headaches too. 

I'm wondering if the headaches are more prevelant in mid fossa or translab vs retro or if there is a connection to the headaches based on type of closure methods. I had my skull piece replaced with titanium screws, no cement or mesh. 

I do have major sympathy for those with headaches and continue to wave my magic bat wand to give you relief!   :-*

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2006, 05:14:23 pm »

No...no....no....er...ah..........er   

No......this........... definitely................. hurts!

Ow....ow...ow!

Captain Deb ;D
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Raydean

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2006, 06:57:06 pm »
I've a question for Batty Princess and thecakes,and Jean which  surgical approach was used?  Was your tumor large.  just figuring out what the four of us have in common besides no headaches. 

I had a very large tumor, translab.  There were outcomes,  but headaches weren't one of them.
best to all
Chet
« Last Edit: April 08, 2006, 07:22:50 pm by Raydean »

Jeanlea

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2006, 08:13:41 pm »
I had a translab.  My tumor was 3.5 cm, maybe larger.  It was all wrapped up in the facial nerve.  I thought that I had read somewhere that the translab approach was less likely to cause headaches.

Jean
translab on 3.5+ cm tumor
September 6, 2005
Drs. Friedland and Meyer
Milwaukee, WI
left-side facial paralysis and numbness
TransEar for SSD

matti

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2006, 08:14:08 pm »
I had just about everything else happen :(     BUT no headaches :)  The middle fossa approach was used and my tumor was 3.5 cm.

matti
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Battyp

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2006, 08:18:20 pm »
Chet I had retrosig
Which I thought I read somewhere had a higher incident rate of causing headaches.  Not sure though.

Anyone else know?

Jean was translab

cakes what about you?

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2006, 10:07:14 pm »
Hi, I'll join in here. I had a small to medium growth and trans lab - chronic heradaches for 3.5 years now. No respite and haven't had a day of no headaches.

My assessment is that there are multiple reasons but one of them is the way we are sewn back up and cutting of the muscles. I guess the ent surgeons are mopre concerned about the growth that finesse re cutting etc.

Larry
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Boppie

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2006, 10:38:22 pm »
No headaches. Mouth and tongue nerves still healing.   

Crazycat

• Self-Portrait/ "Friends, Romans, countrymen...."
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2006, 11:43:52 pm »
I am pleased to report that I have had no headaches since healing up from surgery. In fact, I haven't taken so much as an aspirin in over four months! And I had a monster of a growth at 5cm x 5cm. Never really had any bad headaches before surgery either - just equilibrium problems and left side deafness. Must be how the cards fall.
 What's really bothering me now is the incessant ringing and roaring in my deaf ear. There seems to be a certain time of day when it's at its worst. Sometimes I can hear and feel the blood pullsing and whooshing on my left side. This has prompted me to constantly monitor my blood pressure with one of those "Omron" machines. So far, my numbers are normal for the most part. They'd better be! All the jogging I do every day! But that feeling of fullness and pulsing is very distressfull. Anyone else get that?

Paul
5cm x 5cm left-side A.N. partially removed via Middle Fossa 9/21/2005 @ Mass General. 
Compounded by hydrocephalus. Shunt installed 8/10/2005.
Dr. Fred Barker - Neurosurgeon and Dr. Michael McKenna - Neurotologist.

stein78

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2006, 01:30:27 am »
2.5cm removed via retrosigmoid and very fortunate not to have any headaches.  I also read that retrosigmoid has a slightly greater chance of post-op headache.  But it was a risk I was willing to take for the slim to none chance of saving my hearing.  No hearing in the AN ear, but no headaches or facial problems, so no regrets.  I feel for those that deal with headaches.
29 years old
2.5cm AN - left side
Removed May 10th, 2005
Dr. John Leonetti & Dr. Douglas Anderson
Loyola University Medical Center
Chicago, IL

Desilu

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2006, 06:59:04 am »
Hi Everyone,

I was one of the fortunate ones that did not get headaches after my sugery. I had a small AN and was removed by Middle Fossa approach. I do get headaches from the daily stresses in my life but not from the AN. I will keep all of you suffering with headaches in my prayers. Ann
HEI July 26, 2005
5mm X 8mm Left AN
Middle Fossa
Dr. Brackmann & Dr. Hitselberger