Author Topic: facial tightness  (Read 3392 times)

jazzfunkanne

facial tightness
« on: September 14, 2008, 07:48:15 am »
Hi all, i am 20 months post op, and my face is getting really tight, i am in the uk so we are short on the facial trainers, has anyone any suggestions, many thank annex
over 4.5cm AN removed dec 06

Cheryl R

Re: facial tightness
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 09:41:48 am »
Hello.   Tightness is not unusal.     Putting a warm pack on your face is helpful.    There are packs that can be put in a microwave.      I was told to put rice in a sock and heat up in the microwave.   Even a warm washcloth or a warm shower can help.          Massage is helpful.            I was also told by a facial therapist to put your thumb inside your mouth and then with the fingers on the outside of the face do a pulling motion over a small area at a time of the area that is acting up.   Maybe ten at a time 2-3 times a day.      This helps also.                          Have you seen us when we mention the www.bellspalsy.ws          The same facial therapist has a link on it about facial retraining and is very good.       
          I hope this is of help to you.               Cheryl R   
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 09:52:28 am »
Hi,
I have the tightness as well.  Acupuncture helps (if only they would leave the needles in!), but also warm and cold compresses as well as massage.  It is a very uncomfortable feeling but I'm hoping it passes.  Perhaps yours will also...
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

jazzfunkanne

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 10:45:17 am »
many thanks, what causes tightness in the face?
over 4.5cm AN removed dec 06

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 02:21:13 pm »
I get this, too.  In my case, I think it is a sign that my nerve is doing something.  I get a lot of tightness on my cheek, which is also where I have gotten back some movement.  I find that massage and warm compresses are the most helpful.

Debbi :-\ (that's my pirate smile...)
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com