Author Topic: glowing mri ????  (Read 10025 times)

lmurray69

glowing mri ????
« on: September 14, 2006, 08:15:58 pm »
How comethe Mri glow where the tumor is..only my retention cyst glows it is big  like 2 cm right abow the an
radiation feb 05, gammaknife, tumor is 1.2x0.08/ surgery Nov 1st 2006 Dr House/Swarts/

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: glowing mri ????
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 06:08:07 am »
hey lmurray.

Funny you note that.... I have a chorodial and temporal cyst as well as my AN.  When we look at the views that were done with contract, my cysts also show up as clear as can be.  Does your MRI report show what kind of constrast they used during the MRI? I know my report does and I'll have to dig it out to confirm what kind they used.  My thought is that the constrast just hones in on anything that is worth "lighting up", but I'm not a medical type of person, so can't answer. Did you ask your dr about it?

Hang in there!
xo
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

lmurray69

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2006, 04:50:00 pm »
yes pearl I did ask them and they said ,I wasnt supost to be looking at my MRI cause I woud get all shuck up and not even know what I was up set about.. can you tell I hate the Dr.. The tumor didnt glow at all but the retention cyst does and its hugh..said when I come up with the right complaints that i got someone to operate on me to call him and he would forward my Mris.. Nice guy.. I have been to 2 others and they say it  isnt big enough to operate.. and the headaches and dizzyness. noise in the ear fullness is my mistake that the tumor doesnt cause these things .. so i asked are you sure you ever operated on a an before..
radiation feb 05, gammaknife, tumor is 1.2x0.08/ surgery Nov 1st 2006 Dr House/Swarts/

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2006, 05:01:18 pm »
Linda, you have every right to be looking at your MRI's and I would report that doctor to the AMA for saying that! Those MRI's belong to you. The doctor is obligated by law to give them to you, and the radiologists report with it.  You absolutely need to send them to HEI (House Ear Instiute) for a second opinion, which is free.  I  messaged you their website and phone number a while back.
Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Obita

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2006, 06:17:05 pm »
Hi Linda:

We gotta get you a different doctor.....the prince charming one you so deserve.  ;)

Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2006, 09:49:56 pm »
Linda,
Could you give us a little more information?
Did you have radiosurgery already?
What kind?
How big was the tumor? 
Is it's current size 1.5 mm or cm?
When asking why does the AN "glow" are you referring to your own or others you have seen on this forum?

1.5 mm is extremely small and no-one would operate on one that small. Your symptoms could be caused by the radiation itself,(it does affect the surrounding tissue to some extent,) and not the tumor.  Why do you think your docs are not being truthful with you?
There are people here who would like to help you, but we are a little confused about your predicament.
Capt Deb

lmurray69

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006, 04:01:29 pm »
I went in the hospital with a small stroke ,that is how i found the AN . they sent me to the neuro DR. and a ENT so I suposedly could make a decission.well they set up surgery in feb o5, the nero didnt show and all the ent dr did was close the hole in my ear drum. so I went and had radiation cause I couldnt get the nuero to operate. that was 2 days after the surgery for the closier..my tumor then was 5mm  it has grown to 9mm last febuary. I have had 9 mini strokes. they come on when I dont want them too. The tumor is now 1.5 cm so it is growing. But they say it is still small we can do it only if They have too.I had a hole in my heart which they closed in st louis,mo..Barnes jewish..so i am better now..but, I would just like to get the thing out of there..by the way ,I was to have another Mri tomorrow follow up and he canceled...so here I am again.Did not resecudel.then I get depressed and go to bed for days..I guess I do let things bother me...sorry for the alarm..

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2006, 04:20:32 pm »
What kind of radiation did you have and where? Was it Gamma knife, Cyber knife, FSR? Did you not meet with the radiation treatment team? And how did you get an appointment for radiosurgery with 2 days notice? Usually these plans are made months in advance.
Capt Deb

lmurray69

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2006, 09:00:12 pm »
 when the hospital found out that the neuro doc didnt show they put me in .. they was as upset as me..Put it this way he isnt working there any more...It was Gammaknife   they didi one time shot,,5 differnt directions put a haylo on my head.. one of the pins went in the skull and hurt really bad whe they took it off. 

lmurray69

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2006, 08:50:02 pm »
Hay I got my new mri's and it is glowing..that is bad isnt it..Well I sent my films/CD Mri to house I am courious how long it will take for them to get them and read them.Thanks for all the suport....

Obita

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2006, 05:45:09 am »
Hi Linda:

Don't worry about the glowing tumor.  The contrast makes it glow so the surgeons can see it.  All of our MRI's show the sucker glowing.

I am so glad you sent your CD to House.  You will hear from them within a day of them receiving it.  Finally, you will get to talk to a smart, knows what he is talking about, prince charming doctor!!!

Let us know what they say,  Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2006, 08:43:11 am »
Good for you, Linda!  You'll hear from them in about a week. They are very quick to respond.
Capt Deb

Windsong

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2006, 05:51:45 pm »
"glowing " is a result of using contrast during an mri....

good thing too as it can show a tumour when onre without contrast might not  etc....

if it "glows" and can be seen that's good

it means your doctors can have a better idea of what is in there...

windsong

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2006, 06:04:13 pm »
I believe what Linda said in her original post was that her tumor doesn't glow, only the retention cyst. She is also having a hard time getting a straight answer from her doctor about it's status. Hence her sending the films to House for a second opinion, which is a very good thing to do. Am I right, Linda?
Capt Deb 8)

lmurray69

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2006, 06:58:39 pm »
Yes you are right. Mine has never glowed..only the retention cyst. But , the tumor is growing..It has gone from  5mm to 1.5cm   so I want the little devil out..The DR's here go with radiation I have been to 5 DR's and they all wanted to do radiation .which i had 20 months ago now...I will go along with what ever the house says..it maybe still a waite and watch but at least I'll be taking to someone that knows what they are talking about..Most of the 5 DR's are new to this too..there is a pic at flapper site if you can tell its a film tee hee