Author Topic: Hair Loss?  (Read 3456 times)

shoegirl

Hair Loss?
« on: November 04, 2005, 01:02:35 am »
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has experienced hair loss with Cyberknife?

Thanks! Suzanne
left side 2.0cm x 1.3cm  
Cyberknife - 12/2005
The Barrow Institute, Phoenix, AZ

jamie

Re: Hair Loss?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 08:03:51 am »
I lost a few dime sized patches about two weeks after CyberKnife, the hair is almost completely grown back now though.
CyberKnife radiosurgery at Barrow Neurological Institute; 2.3 cm lower cranial nerve schwannoma

GM

• I hate annual MRI's !!!
    • My Blog Page
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2005, 04:46:32 pm »
Well I had Gamma Knife, not CK...but I didn't lose any hair at all.

Originally 1.8cm (left ear)...Swelled to 2.1 cm...and holding after GK treatment (Nov 2003)
Gamma Knife University of Virginia  http://www.medicine.virginia.edu/clinical/departments/neurosurgery/gammaknife/home-page
Note: Riverside Hospital in Newport News Virginia now has GK!!

debora

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2005, 05:30:00 pm »
I hate to sound dumb but here goes,  can someone tell me what the difference is between ck and gamma knife?  I am at a loss and don't have the time to research this.  Thanks for any info you can give me.   Deb  I also didn't have any hair loss

Mark

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2005, 07:21:26 pm »
Deborah,

The attached link on the CK Society web site gives the most extensive comparison of the various radiosurgery machines that I have seen to date with advantages and disadvantages of each. Also, in the Radiation section of this forum their is an archived string titled CK - GK comparsion

Hope that is helpful

Mark

http://www.cksociety.org/PatientInfo/radiosurgery_stereotactic_technology_comparisons.asp
CK for a 2 cm AN with Dr. Chang/ Dr. Gibbs at Stanford
November 2001

CC

• My homepage!
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2005, 01:31:31 pm »
Hey Shoegirl

I am only one week post Ck treatment but have no hair loss.  I was worried I would (after jamie's earlier postrings) so had my hair cutter part my hair on the non AN side and cut it so it was longer on the treatment side just to be sure! 

CC
CC
3cm AN
CK Oct 05
with Dr Chang at Stanford

SuzeAN

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2005, 04:52:06 pm »
Hi, I am one month post CK, and noticed a tiny bit more hair loss in the shower the last couple of days...however I have a mess of unruly curly hair so there are usually stragglers after I shampoo, rinse and condition.  Dr Kresl said if I did have any hair loss it wouldn't be noticeable and it would grow back.

Cheers,
Suze
2.5 cm, left side
CK-Barrows 10/05

debora

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2005, 04:47:28 pm »
Mark,
Thanks for the info,  I will look at it extensively in the next couple of days when I have time.  I really don't know how to surf the internet for info, nor do I have the time at the moment,  I really appreciate you taking the time to forward the site which gives the information. 

Deb