Author Topic: Freaking Out in Maryland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 3297 times)

karascott

Freaking Out in Maryland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: December 26, 2012, 04:46:51 pm »
For some reason I do not have a surgical counselor, and I have not received any papers or instructions for my 1/10/13 surgery at House.  I called 12/26/12 to find out about  the papers, and I was asked who my counselor? Well, the only people that have called me are the surgical nurse and Dr. Slattery's assistant? So is this bad? Oh yeah, I had some one called me who checked my benefits to tell me that I was covered 100%  and that was over two months. The operator told me to leave a message for some one named Nancy?  Did I miss something? Freaking out because I have booked tickets and put in FMLA papers!
Kara Scott
1.1 cm x 1.7 cm
Diagnosed 8-07-12 at 5:00 pm
Retrosigmoid 1/10/2013 House Clinic
Dr. Slattery and Dr. Schwartz

mindyandy

• Loving Life
Re: Freaking Out in Maryland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 02:04:11 pm »
Kara
I did not have my paperwork for my House surgery until just before my surgery. She mailed it out next day air. This I guess sometimes happens w/House. I'm sure you will receive them soon.
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

karascott

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 07:37:35 pm »
You are right. It arrived today by over night mail.  I went and had my blood drawn today.  Now I am  getting nervous. The funny thing is I get this way until my face starts feeling full than I just want this this thing out.  :)
Kara Scott
1.1 cm x 1.7 cm

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 02:09:02 pm »
You are right. It arrived today by over night mail.  I went and had my blood drawn today.  Now I am  getting nervous. The funny thing is I get this way until my face starts feeling full than I just want this this thing out.

Kara ~

I believe this is known as having conflicting emotions, such as being elated over, say, a job promotion but worrying that you may fail in the new position (elation/despair).  As you stated, you worry about the surgery (which is rational) but really want the tumor out (equally rational).  The emotions conflict but eventually your determination to have the surgery will surmount your fears about it's possible negative ramifications. 

Make every attempt to focus on the positive (no more AN) and although you're well aware of the risks, try not to allow yourself to dwell on them.  Remember, you'll have a lot of folks thinking of and praying for you and you're having your AN surgery in a facility with a sterling reputation among AN surgery patients.  I'm confident that you'll do well.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

karascott

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 07:38:19 pm »
Thank you so much.  I am glad you guys are here.  ;D
Kara Scott
1.1 cm x 1.7 cm