Author Topic: Calling all BAHA users...question  (Read 6637 times)

Paul F

Re: Calling all BAHA users...question
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2010, 12:58:03 pm »
Jan

I am a BAHA user for about 10 months now.  I do not have an AN but have SSD do to a stapedectomy that went bad.  I have worn a bi-cros in the past but was very unsatisfied with the results and now wear the BAHA intenso.  The hearing in my 'good' ear is not good enough for me to be able to wear the BP-100.  I came upon this forum while looking for answers about SSD and found you discuss many products that I had not heard of before. 

My question is, am i welcome in this forum by just being a BAHA user?

I got my BAHA through Medicare and it is now covered for batteries and maintenance by the VA.  I am looking forward to the Intenso upgrade due this spring.

Happy New Year,

Paul

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2010, 01:24:25 pm »
Hi, Paul.  Welcome and Happy New Year to you too  ;D

We have several forumites who aren't acoustic neuroma patients and I know at least one forumite, Mike (mikjul1) who wears a BAHA because he's been SSD since his youth which is kind of like a family thing as his son is SSD also.  Everyone is welcome on the Forum; we don't discriminate.

I currently have a Cochlear Divino, but will be upgrading to the BP100 within the next month or two.  I tried the demo back in August @ the ANA's Symposium and then I demo'd it again along with the new Ociton Ponto Pro @ my doc's office in November.  Although I thought the Ponto Pro was a good option, I decided to go with the BP100.

I know Cochlear has plans to upgrade the Intenso in the spring.  If it's at all like the BP100, I think you'll like it.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

JerseyGirl2

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2010, 03:23:08 pm »
Hi, Paul,

I've been wearing my Intenso since mid-2008 (I had the translab procedure following my acoustic neuroma diagnosis) and, like you, am very much looking forward to Cochlear's forthcoming upgrade. I believe it will be called "BP200," to distinguish it from the BP100 -- the Divino upgrade.

I discovered this forum when I was looking around for some other SSD BAHA wearers -- most of the other BAHA forums are populated by folks who use BAHAs for reasons other than AN-related SSD, and, in fact, for reasons other than SSD. I think you'll find this forum to be very informative!

Catherine (JerseyGirl 2)
Translab surgery and BAHA implant: House Ear Institute, Los Angeles, 1/2008
Drs. J. House, Schwartz, Wilkinson, and Stefan
BAHA Intenso, 6/2008
no facial, balance, or vision problems either before or after surgery ... just hearing loss
Monmouth County, NJ

ncutt

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2010, 09:44:45 pm »
Hi, Paul!  My husband does not have an ANA either.  I found this board when I was researching what might be causing his deafness.  His SSD came about with a sinus infection.  Bummer.