Author Topic: Counting down  (Read 7742 times)

EJTampa

• Rays Vs Red Sox Game 2 ALCS (Isabel and Ernie)
Re: Counting down
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2009, 12:02:22 am »
In the words of Queen...  "Another one bites the dust"  Yep, another day gone away, and that much closer to AN eviction day! :).

No, I'm not counting, really!  Did anyone ever read just the red words from my previous post?  ;D

Ernie
-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.
-Had to cut hearing nerve to get "sticky" tumor, so SSD right side.

JulieE

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2009, 12:32:24 am »
I got it!  I'll try not to bite my toenails!  You'll do great.  60% - give or take, (you'll still be able to triangulate sounds - my biggsest loss w/ssd and being a country person) is good to hope for!
Jules

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2009, 07:42:45 am »
Congratulations on another day closer to your surgery Ernie.  Hang in there and try to relax.

I know that personally I had a great sense of calm heading towards my big day.  There was just something about having made my decision that took a lot of the fear away; even though the side-effects I was facing were still in the back of my mind.  Sometimes you just have to hold your nose, jump in with both feet, and hope for the best.  Remaining positive helps - so does telling yourself you can deal with whatever you encounter (you can).

I'm looking forward to seeing what interesting adjective LA David will use the week of your surgery.  Maybe if you have a thesaurus handy you could help him along.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

EJTampa

• Rays Vs Red Sox Game 2 ALCS (Isabel and Ernie)
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2009, 08:14:36 am »
I'm looking forward to seeing what interesting adjective LA David will use the week of your surgery.  Maybe if you have a thesaurus handy you could help him along.

I think I'd do better with a rack of scrabble letters than a thesaurus.  50 cent words were never my thing, but I am always up for learning a new word or two a week, so long as there is still room in my noggin for new information :).

I'm comfortable with my surgery date, and as I posted earlier, I'm pretty much working right up to the pre-op day anyway :).

Ernie
-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.
-Had to cut hearing nerve to get "sticky" tumor, so SSD right side.

lori67

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2009, 10:37:56 am »
Well, just think - you'll have extra room for useless information in your noggin once the AN is gone!  It's like freeing up space on your hard drive!   :D

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Tamara

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2009, 10:58:41 am »
Someone should come up with an AN advent-type calendar, where you get a chocolate every day you count down.

I like this idea!   ;D  I'd be willing to count down with everyone!

Ernie, good luck to you!  You'll do great!!

Lori

Lori,
  Couldn't you add AN Calendar production to your garage enterprise???

Tamara
PS.  You'll do great Ernie - have you checked the forum hospital packing checklist yet??
7 mm AN left side
translab 6-12-08
postop issues including CSF leak, eye issues, and facial palsy.  All issues resolved at 9 mos. except slight facial palsy & weakness.  Continuing to improve...

LADavid

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2009, 11:26:33 am »
Ernie -- very clever with the red letters. And both nips and naps work.  But you'll find that sudden nap attacks happen.  Maybe I can come up with an adjective that is Floridian in nature in your honor.
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2009, 11:39:07 am »
Maybe I can come up with an adjective that is Floridian in nature in your honor.

Oohhh!  I can't wait for that one  ;)

And Lori, that calendar/chocolate idea is a great one.  Count me in!  It would be an excellent addition to the services the garage offers.

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

LADavid

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2009, 11:57:44 am »
Actually, Florida is an adjective.  It's "flowery" in the original Spanish.
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2009, 07:39:52 pm »
Actually, Florida is an adjective.  It's "flowery" in the original Spanish.

Seriously?  I thought it would be something more tropical, like perhaps Margarita  ;D

Jan

lori67

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2009, 05:16:07 pm »
Ah, one stop garage shopping.  I like it.  The hard part will be not eating all the chocolate that's supposed to be going in the calendars...

James just recently rebuilt the transmission on his truck - truck is still running - so where else could you go to get chocolate, a BAHA implant, medical accessory jewelry, home made IV poles and a smooth running vehicle all at once?  All that's left is a knit hat to wear home!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2009, 01:48:33 pm »
Tamara,
What's the "forum hospital packing checklist"?  I've had some great ideas provided to me via PM by forum members but haven't seen an actual list.
Would appreciate it.  Hoping for the magic scarf as well if it's convenient timing.
Thank you.
Nancy
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness

Keri

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2009, 10:06:56 am »
Hi Ernie,
I emphathize with your 'counting down.'  A day or so before my surgery it looked like bad weather  could be a factor (since DC area shuts down in snow) and then i realized how much i wanted to get it over with. I work from home, and had so much work to do and couldn't get it all caught up (but I did stay busy before surgery, and that does take your mind off of it). I worked until 3:00am, got up at 4:00am to be at the hospital by 6:00. All i could think of (when i was up so late) is 'well, i'll get to sleep all day in surgery.' And i've been napping ever since (4 weeks post op)!

It does fly by. It's good to get it over with and be on the other side.

I hope and pray all goes very well for you.

Keri

1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2009, 10:15:20 am »

What's the "forum hospital packing checklist"?  Would appreciate it.
Thank you.

Nancy

Nancy:  This is a link to an archived thread from a year ago that is loaded with suggestions for what to pack for the hospital.  I hope it helps.    http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=34.0    You're welcome.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2009, 04:56:10 pm »
what to pack for the hospital

I love it!  Thanks, Jim, et al.
Nancy
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness