Author Topic: my latest MRI and surgery date scheduled  (Read 8689 times)

DebbieL

Re: my latest MRI and surgery date scheduled
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2008, 11:13:15 pm »
Hrissy,

I am so happy you will have a brother with you during this time.  I will be praying for you as well as your family.  I'm looking forward to reading about your speedy recovery and that all went well.

Debbie

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2008, 05:10:08 am »
My best wishes to you on your upcoming surgery--all will be well.  Blessings to your doctors and nurses who care and to your family who will be there to support you in your recovery.
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2008, 05:31:43 am »
Hrissy,

wellness wishes... wellness hugglez.... I'm cheering you on! Best wishes and hang tough!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

mk

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2008, 07:44:14 am »
Hi Hrissy,

I am sorry that your AN turned out to be so big once again. But I am glad that now you have a solid plan and you are about to receive treatment. For sure there are the logistical details that you have to iron out, such as the flights etc., but it will all be sorted out don't worry.
I am sure that you will be in the hands of very skillful surgeons. And it is great that you will have your brother with you to support you.
We are all thinking about you, please make sure to update us regularly.

Take care,
Marianna
GK on April 23rd 2008 for 2.9 cm AN at Toronto Western Hospital. Subsequent MRIs showed darkening initially, then growth. Retrosigmoid surgery on April 26th, 2011 with Drs. Akagami and Westerberg at Vancouver General Hospital. Graduallly lost hearing after GK and now SSD but no other issues.

hruss

• young and cheerful!
    • I made this group to help others!! (the group is in Bulgarian and in English)
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2008, 02:08:16 pm »
I finally managed to book a flight to hannover.

it will be on Oct 12, i will depart from Bulgaria very early in the morning, transfer in Munich and then finally land in 10:30 am in Hannover. I will then take a cab straight to the hospital and get admitted - hope flights will have no delays. I already gave a call to the clinic and informed them that I might delay due to my flights. They assured me that there will be a doctor to admit me so it will not be problem!

So, Jim (I know you are dealing with the calender - sorry to burden you - if you tell me how, i will fix my schedule) my surgery itself will take place either on Monday or on Tuesday depends on prof Samii's schedule!

My brother booked a hostel for him so I feel prepared as far as the logistics part goes!

that's for now!
expect more updates!
hrissy

4.5cm right AN pressing on the brain stem, dn Sept 2007
2 Retrosigm surgeries in Oct 2007 and Jan 2008 by the Bulgarian prof. Kyrkeselian partially removed.
3rd retro surgery in Hannover,Germany by prof Samii, Oct 2008. SSD
Got rid of my bugger, temp facial paresis
hrissysexperiences.blogspot.co

Kaybo

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2008, 05:57:59 pm »
Hrissy~
I'm so glad you were able to get that done!  I feel better for you so I KNOW you must feel better!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

wendysig

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2008, 07:26:47 pm »
Hrissy,
Glad to hear you have the logistics out of the way and that your brother will be in Hannover with you.  I'm sure he will be a real comfort to you and that he will be glad to be there for you.  You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers and I truly hope they get the whole thing this time. Keep positive thoughts and I will also cross my fingers toes and everything else crossed for you for good luck too.

Best wishes,
Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

hruss

• young and cheerful!
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2008, 03:09:07 pm »
Thank you for the soothing words, dear wendy!!

since i promised to keep you all updated, here is my latest update!

today i went to the bank to deposit the last sum of money my coworkers have gathered and to finally see how things with my account are.
We had to count all the banknotes on the counter - imagine us with piles of notes counting all of them manually!!  ;D
Finaly, we deposited them and after that i asked for a sheet of all the transactions from the opening of the account till now. Since i have three accounts - one in EURO, one in USD and one in LEVA (the national currency of Bulgaria) i asked for three sheets.

I was very disappointed to see that my cousin's money from US hadn't arrived and since it was a really substantial part i did not have all the money necessary for my surgery in Hannover. In the time of my disappointment, one of my coworkers noticed that the two sums of money on both of the sheets for USD differ from one another.
Then we asked the girl on the counter and she checked the status of the bank accounts again - it turned out that my cousin's money came in the time of 20 sec when the girl on the counter was switching between my three bank accounts!
I was so pleasantly surprised!!!
Hope this is a good sign from fate!!

Now i feel equipped to depart on Sunday!!

Hrissy
2 Retrosigm surgeries in Oct 2007 and Jan 2008 by the Bulgarian prof. Kyrkeselian partially removed.

Kaybo

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2008, 03:11:49 pm »
Hrissy~
PHEW!!  I was getting a little nervous there - so glad it is working out!!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

wendysig

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2008, 06:30:02 pm »
Hrissy,
I join you in thinking your cousin's money transfer was a good sign!  Now you probably have done and arranged everything you possibly can.  Try to keep busy with doing things for yourself that will give you pleasure  for a couple of days if you can -- see friends, do something fun, etc. 

Best wishes,
Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

hruss

• young and cheerful!
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2008, 01:17:12 am »
Hi all,

I wanted to share that yesterday I made the bank transfer to the INI Hannover and money are to be received either on Monday or on Tuesday! I sent the money orders to the clinic via fax after that!
I depart to Germany on Sunday morning (Bulgarian time  ;)) to be admitted right after my drive by cab from the airport to the clinic!!

So now what is left is to pray for the best outcome!!

Thank you for your moral support!!

Hrissy

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2008, 07:02:39 am »
Hrissy,

I'll be praying for you and know you will do very well.  Blessings to your doctors and nurses as they perform your surgery, may they be focused on the task at hand, may they be guided to perform with perfection giving you a positive outcome.  May you wake feeling peace and may your healing be a rapid successful one. 

I look forward to hearing from you when you are able.
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

NL

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2008, 06:58:35 pm »
Hrissy,

Know that many prayers and positive thoughts will be on their way to you in Hannover on Sunday morning!

Nancy

1.6 cm left AN diagnosed Oct. '07
1.9 cm on 2nd MRI, May '08
Retrosigmoid surgery at House Clinic/St. Vincent's on 8/6/08
(no post-op dizziness, nausea, facial or balance issues)
Thankful for a fantastic team of doctors - Dr. Rick Friedman, Dr. Marc Schwartz, & Dr. Michael Stefan

Dog Lover

• My little Sammie Roo.
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2008, 07:21:22 pm »
Hrissy,

My thoughts and prayers are with you through your journey. May it be the BEST and the LAST.

Your Bulgarian related friend, ;)
Cathy
Cathy
9mm x 3mm Left Side AN
Mid Fossa Aug. 21, 2008
Dr. Gantz / Dr. Woodson
Univ. of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
No facial issues, hearing saved, I keep active and feel back to normal.

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2008, 07:28:46 am »
Hrissy,
Sending prayers, good thoughts, good karma, chi, and whatever else I can find.
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.