Author Topic: New AN Group for kids  (Read 2631 times)

centimeter

alwaysanonymous

• just hold your head up high and be brave!
Re: New AN Group for kids
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2005, 02:56:56 pm »
hey just wanted to let everyone know that's the group i started and let all the AN/NF kids and teens you know about this because so far there are only 2 memebers including myself (at least its a start) and i would really like it to grow to its potential and kids-dont shy out please join and share and you can never ask too many questions ;D so please join and make it what i know it can be! all right thats all for now and if there are any questions about the group just ask!

mom of AN pt.

Re: New AN Group for kids
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2005, 10:35:16 pm »
My daughter is 16, had AN surgery in April 2005 for a 4.5 cm tumor. She is four weeks post op.

Recovery is coming along... her face is just starting to recover feeling and movement.  She did lose her hearing, and that is hard for a teen! She wants to join soon the AN group...just up to her ears in homework right now since its the end of the school year.

My email is: dgary@sccd.ctc.edu  anyone can email me with questions about her surgeries, or recovery. She had two surgeries, a total of 33 hours under anesthesia in April!   

She is doing pretty good though, we had very good, experienced surgeons at the University of WA Medical Center, Seattle, WA.