Author Topic: cyberknife comes to Ottawa Ontario  (Read 2171 times)

tenai98

cyberknife comes to Ottawa Ontario
« on: April 05, 2010, 01:45:14 pm »
Its now official...Cyberknife hits Ottawa and should be operational by Sept/10...
My ocologist told me in Feb that it was official but I had to keep it quiet...lol
Here is today's headline in the Ottawa Citizen

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/health/Sometimes+your+turn/2763820/story.html

JO ;D
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm
cyberknife on June 7

mimoore

• Believe!
Re: cyberknife comes to Ottawa Ontario
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 04:25:47 pm »
Thank you Jo for the information about the Cyberknife in Ottawa. It is nice to be prepared should the need arise.
I am running in the Ottawa Race so i now will redirect my money to the Cyberknife team. so will my five friends.
Michelle  ;D

My friend's 8 year old daughter is going through chemo treatments for a disease called "Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis."  LCH is a rare disorder that primarily affects children.  A histiocyte is a form of white blood cell.  Its job is to help destroy certain foreign materials and fight infection.  for unknown reasons, patients with this disease have too many histiocytes (Langerhans cells).  These cells accumulate in different organs and can result in a variety of symptoms.  The cause of LCH is unknown.  It may be triggered by an unusual reaction of the immune system from something commonly found in the environment.  It is not a known infection or cancer.  It is not known to be hereditary or communicable.  Over the years, cancer treatments have been used in patients with histiocytosis.  However, the disease is not cancer.  chemotherapy, if used, is given in much lower doses than that which cancer patients receive.  Right now her daughterhas three lesions on her brain and  is aggressively receiving chemo one week and then off for two. If this does not shrink her lesions the doctors have talked about surgery but maybe cyberknife is the way to go?

Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: cyberknife comes to Ottawa Ontario
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 07:40:10 pm »
about dang time! :)

Nuff said!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"