Author Topic: Rowing Away!  (Read 4119 times)

cindyj

Re: Rowing Away!
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2009, 07:21:26 pm »
Hey, all...Phyl/David, this was on the Roswell part of the river...close to the Holcomb Bridge exit on 400...

Goose/duck???  not sure, but lot's of poo on the dock from whatever they are!

Not hitting people with the OAR, is quite a challenge when you're carrying them around on land - I was very afraid I was going to knock someone off the dock! 

NancyMc, I'll try to keep the shoulders relaxed :D, NancyL, I hope to try riding a horse next - never ridden a horse - should be interesting!

Cindy

rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

JerseyGirl2

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2009, 07:36:15 pm »

Goose/duck???  not sure, but lot's of poo on the dock from whatever they are!

Looks like a Canada Goose to me. They live at the Jersey Shore year round now (they don't bother to migrate anymore) and are very, very messy. When they first started appearing around here some 25 -30 years ago everyone thought they were cute; now they're considered a major pest. Border collies can keep them away for a while ... but they always come back.

Catherine (JerseyGirl 2)
Translab surgery and BAHA implant: House Ear Institute, Los Angeles, 1/2008
Drs. J. House, Schwartz, Wilkinson, and Stefan
BAHA Intenso, 6/2008
no facial, balance, or vision problems either before or after surgery ... just hearing loss
Monmouth County, NJ

Kaybo

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2009, 07:39:12 pm »
Cindy~
Sorry I have missed this until now - WAY TO GO, GIRL!!!!  I went white water rafting a couple of summers ago and ABSOLUTELY loved it!!  I found it wonderful to be doing something like that again - I thought the water seemed to make it easier - I guess it has something to do with SITTING instead of standing!!  I told Dave that ANYTIME we were somewhere that offered something like that, I wanted to do it!!

ENJOY!!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2009, 12:36:03 pm »
Cindy ~

Thanks for the photos.  Very scenic - and inspiring.  Now I feel like a slacker.  ;)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

cindyj

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2009, 06:35:56 pm »
Donnalynn, we were rowing three times a week for our lessons.  I hope to continue to row at least twice a week...

You guys are all so sweet - I don't feel like this was really that much of an accomplishment...especially compared to our awesome standup paddleboarders, Stoneaxe and JB!  But, I did want to let other newbies, pre-posties and just turned-posties see another example of how life can indeed go on...and quite well...after AN treatment.

Now, to wrangle/lasso/catch me a horse to ride...

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

LADavid

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2009, 09:25:46 pm »
Yeehaw. 

You may be too young to remember this, Cindy.  But off hand do you remember the Chattahooche Raft Race back in the 70's.  I have a very blurry recollection of starting the race at Holcome Bridge.  Great memories from what I seem to recall.
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

suboo73

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2009, 06:09:42 am »
Beautiful pics, Cindy!
Thank you for sharing with us.
Sue
suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!