Author Topic: Post op  (Read 2236 times)

Donna R

Post op
« on: August 12, 2009, 10:25:41 am »
Hi.... here I am starting my 4th week post-op, I have been doing Physical Therapy 3 days a week near my home, my balance is better, but still facial paralysis on the left side, and my left eye still doesn't blink, I guess it takes time, but it seems pretty cloudy when I look out of my left eye, almost like a film on it....I hope I haven't tried too many different drops, I went to the eye doctor for a post-op check up, and they said my eye looked good, and it just takes time.  Has anyone had this cloudiness in the eye?

--Donna

jazzfunkanne

Re: Post op
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 11:05:03 am »
hi that is normal when the eye doesnt close over, my eye was like that for a while, i gt the gold weight inserted which helped with eye closure, the better your blink becomes it should get better.
over 4.5cm AN removed dec 06

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 03:53:49 pm »
Hi Donna:  I have constant 'blurriness' from the lubricant I use daily.  I have a platinum weight in my eyelid to help me blink.  
Others here have used an external weight as they were getting movement back; since I never had any movement return, I 1st had a
weight put in my lid at 4 weeks post op.
You may want to look into the external eye weight if the docs are expecting your facial nerve to regenerate (I think it's called Blinkeze ?  Hopefully others who have used it will chime in).
Always good thoughts,  Nancy
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 05:39:03 pm by nancyann »
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

Donna R

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 06:26:00 pm »
Thanks so much for the information..yes, the doctor told me that in time, the facial and eye nerves would return to normal...I noticed if I try really hard my eye closes a little bit on it's own...but nowhere cllose to being the same yet...I am sure it's too early......actually, for the cloudiness, I thought it must be the thick eye drops and ointments leaving like a "film" on my eye, so today I bought an eye wash and tried that, and that took away the clloudy vision, so I figure maybe in the meantime I can use that in the morning, then the Refresh drops during the day and see how that works...

--Donna