Author Topic: 2 Years Post Op  (Read 2531 times)

Lynn Mc

2 Years Post Op
« on: December 20, 2011, 06:47:06 am »
Coming up on my 2 year anniversary in January.  It has been a good year.  In April I had the abutment placed for my BAHA.  Got the BAHA in July and it really makes a difference.  Had my 3 year check up 12/19 and all is well. I don't have to go back to Boston for 1 year!!!  Yippee!!!   I still have Wonky Head almost all the time. I am learning to live with it, have not skinned my knees in a while!!  My vision is sometimes really bouncy but I can also deal with that, when it gets really bad I close one eye.  The fatigue is still really bad, keep waiting for it to let up but I my life style probably does not help.  I am up at 3:45 to feed the horse's to work for 5 AM so I can get home a little after 1PM to get my Dad his lunch. Power nap before starting supper!!    Then I try to get Dad in bed by 8 OR SOONER so I can fall into bed to start over at 3:45!!!!   Still really fatigued!!

I am learning to accommodate these minor inconveniences!! 

Merry Christmas to all… Have a great New Year…….
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 06:49:49 am by Lynn Mc »
Translab 01/22/10.  12 x 11.7 x 8.2 mm.
Dr's McKenna/McCall at Mass Eye & Ear,
Dr. Barker at MGH. 
SSD - No other significant problems post surgery, just some minor inconveniences!  Yipee!!
BAHA implant 04/08/11 Dr. Merchant
BAHA Gotcha 07/25/11
"Life is Good"

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: 2 Years Post Op
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 08:23:18 am »
Lynn .....

First of all, congratulations on your 2nd ANniversary and on getting the BAHA.  Well done!!  Secondly, I almost hate to say this, but with your schedule and routine, I think anyone would be wonky headed, with bouncy vision, and exhausted!  WOW!

Make sure that somewhere in your day you are allowing time for your body to continue healing from the traumas it has had.

..... and Merry Christmas and a great new year to you, as well.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 04:04:24 pm »
Hi, Lynn ~

Allow me to add my congratulations on your 2-year anniversary.  Reading your daily schedule made me tired!  No wonder you still feel fatigued.  Who wouldn't?  You obviously have a very demanding schedule and as Clarice inferred, it could be hindering your complete recovery. However, we can't always chose our lot in life and I'm sure you try to get as much rest as you can under the circumstances.  May your Christmas be joyful and your New Year a bit less hectic!   :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 10:32:36 pm »
Congratulations on your 2 year anniversary.

Glad you got a BAHA; I find it helps me tremendously.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways