Author Topic: RESCHEDULED: ANA NE Discussion Forum Brunch -- Sunday, APRIL 17, 2011 12:00pm  (Read 23295 times)

KMacDonald

Re: CANCELLED: ANA NE Discussion Forum Brunch -- Sunday, Oct 17 12:00pm
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2010, 04:57:48 pm »
Phyl,
        April 17th may be a great date for all of us!  It's the day before the Boston Marathon and we have had some people who were here from Texas and Maryland join us.  The first gal ran the Marathon and the other gal's husband ran it also. There may be others who would like to join us who have family members running or are running themselves.  Just a thought from the Mac's................................Kathy Mac

lholl36233

« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2010, 07:47:22 am »
April 17 is great.  Last year, there was a couple from Upstate NY who were passing through to Boston to see their daughter run in the marathon.  It would be great if they came again.
Proton Radiation for my hemangioma at MGH December 2009.  Hearing has improved.  Doing great!

LisaP

« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2010, 04:45:17 pm »
Hi,

Sounds like the 17th so far would be good.

LisaP ;D
LisaP
AN at 12mm by 7mm by 7mm,  shown no growth as of September 26, 2013, 5.5 years into this journey.  Next MRI 2015. Doctors: Mason and McKenna.  Continue to W&W

jcinma

« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2010, 07:05:06 am »
Good Morning!!

April 17th works for me too.

Jane
1cm AN removed (lost hearing) 11/96
3cm reccurrence debulked to preserve facial function 2/05
FSR 4/05
Mass General Hosp. Boston MA

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2010, 02:11:01 pm »
Hi all

well, based on these inputs, I have rescheduled (via Gil) our brunch......

SUNDAY, APRIL 17, 2011
12PM
MAXWELL'S

Will post in a few months to start taking reservations.... all set folks and hoping NO cancellations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

elliemae

Count me in for 4/17.  Hope we all have a warm winter!

Phyl, how's Bill doing??

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Phyl ~

You can add Jim & Tina to the list of attendees for the April 17th ANA Discussion Forum brunch at Maxwell's in Worcester, Massachusetts.  No cancellation this time!

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

LisaP

Hi,

Count me in too and hopefully with a guest.

thanks

LisaP ;D
LisaP
AN at 12mm by 7mm by 7mm,  shown no growth as of September 26, 2013, 5.5 years into this journey.  Next MRI 2015. Doctors: Mason and McKenna.  Continue to W&W

Crazycat

• Self-Portrait/ "Friends, Romans, countrymen...."
I'm in Phyl!!
5cm x 5cm left-side A.N. partially removed via Middle Fossa 9/21/2005 @ Mass General. 
Compounded by hydrocephalus. Shunt installed 8/10/2005.
Dr. Fred Barker - Neurosurgeon and Dr. Michael McKenna - Neurotologist.

ppearl214

• Administrator
Noted all... will start a new thread down the road and appreciate everyone's heads up for April.....

Elaine, when I spoke to Gil last week, he had Bill on the phone and Bill was "barking" orders to Gil, in which Gil said that Bill is feeling better :)  Bill's daugther is handling a lot and Gil is there for him as well. I've sent Bill a card (the restaurant was kind enough to phone me back with the nursing home/rehab's address) and put a "thinking of you" card in this past weekend's mail to Bill, signed from us all, to let him know we are cheering him on.  Will try to phone him later as well.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Lizard

Thank you for rescheduling the brunch, although I felt a little sad yesterday when I ate my english muffin for breakfast...see you all in April!  Also, thank you for sending a card to Bill.
Liz
Left AN 2.5CM,retrosigmoid 11/2008, second surgery to repair CSF leak. 
Headaches began immediately.  Dr. Ducic occipital nerve resection, December 2011!!!!!

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

jcinma

Hey Phyl!

Oye, You are such a mensch! All kidding aside, thank you for being so thoughtful and sending Bill a card from the Brunch Bunch.  I really appreciate it.

Jane

For those that may not know 'mensch' is a jewish word for a person with a good heart and does right especially when it comes to others.  If you look it up in the Hebrew dictionary you will see Phyl's picture.  She is a true 100% mensch thru and thru!!
1cm AN removed (lost hearing) 11/96
3cm reccurrence debulked to preserve facial function 2/05
FSR 4/05
Mass General Hosp. Boston MA

lholl36233

Mom & I will be there on April 17.  Looking forward to it.   ;D
Proton Radiation for my hemangioma at MGH December 2009.  Hearing has improved.  Doing great!

ppearl214

• Administrator
I'm just being me, nothing more... and funny, dad calls me a mensch all the time. :)  Back atcha, dear..... you know it!  :-*  :-*  :-*

Hey Phyl!

Oye, You are such a mensch! All kidding aside, thank you for being so thoughtful and sending Bill a card from the Brunch Bunch.  I really appreciate it.

Jane

For those that may not know 'mensch' is a jewish word for a person with a good heart and does right especially when it comes to others.  If you look it up in the Hebrew dictionary you will see Phyl's picture.  She is a true 100% mensch thru and thru!!

MLB57

Hi Phyl,

My second grandson, Dylan will be one April 17  (that's why I missed last spring's get-together as he was just born).. So I won't know until next spring if I can make it...

I'll let ya know as soon as I do..  Surely hope I can attend!!!

Best always,
Mary (AKA Grammy/Mary)
1 cm rt AN (retrosigmoid Jan 2001 UMASSMed Ctr/Worc, MA)
Residual left--continued growing--finished 30 FSR w/Dr Loeffler (Mass Gen/Boston MA) on Oct 22 2007... --April 2010--tumor shrank to 8mm and is a dark spot!!  Latest Update: April May 2017 scan shows no change!--Next MRI 2020!!  Life is good!!