Author Topic: RESCHEDULED: ANA NE Discussion Forum Brunch -- Sunday, APRIL 17, 2011 12:00pm  (Read 23295 times)

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: ANA NE Discussion Forum Brunch -- Sunday, Oct 17 at 12:00pm
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2010, 03:44:05 pm »
Well, folks.... I had 2 more cancellations.... so, do we cancel the brunch? It seems that the time frame is inconvenient for many and since the numbers are dwindling, please note here your thoughts on canceling it and rescheduling for the spring.

Phyl~

With the risk of winter weather approaching (which would force us to forgo the 200-mile round trip) and the reality of crowded schedules for many of us, I vote to cancel.

I trust that the spring brunch would produce a large turnout, as many of us would be suffering from dumpling deprivation as well as missing the personal contact with other AN patients. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

lholl36233

I understand canceling this one.  It is more fun with more people there to catch up with.  See you in the spring!

Laura
Proton Radiation for my hemangioma at MGH December 2009.  Hearing has improved.  Doing great!

Crazycat

• Self-Portrait/ "Friends, Romans, countrymen...."
I'm okay with it Phyl. You know it's been a while for me, but if you want to move it out a few weeks or wait until spring that's okay with me as well.
5cm x 5cm left-side A.N. partially removed via Middle Fossa 9/21/2005 @ Mass General. 
Compounded by hydrocephalus. Shunt installed 8/10/2005.
Dr. Fred Barker - Neurosurgeon and Dr. Michael McKenna - Neurotologist.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
CANCELLED: ANA NE Discussion Forum Brunch -- Sunday, Oct 17 12:00pm
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2010, 05:09:10 pm »
Ok, based on all the cancellations and inputs.... boy, this is a first.... I will cancel the brunch  :'(  :'(  :'(

I'm sorry, all, that it just wasn't meant to be this time. Please start a new thread to see when in spring would work best for all.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

LisaP

Re: CANCELLED: ANA NE Discussion Forum Brunch -- Sunday, Oct 17 12:00pm
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2010, 06:52:37 pm »
Hi,, Phyl,

I am so bummed, I guess I missed it about people cancelling, I thought we had enough people to go, oh well, I was planning on going, but will see you all in the spring.  I just hope that I pass my MRI on October 25th.  Wish me luck and see you all in the spring.

LisaP ;D
LisaP
AN at 12mm by 7mm by 7mm,  shown no growth as of September 26, 2013, 5.5 years into this journey.  Next MRI 2015. Doctors: Mason and McKenna.  Continue to W&W

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2010, 04:09:42 am »
Hi,, Phyl,

I am so bummed, I guess I missed it about people cancelling, I thought we had enough people to go, oh well, I was planning on going, but will see you all in the spring.  I just hope that I pass my MRI on October 25th.  Wish me luck and see you all in the spring.

LisaP ;D

I know.... it's a first after.... oh, I lost count.... 7 or 8 brunches.... BUT, I've alerted Gil that he can rest his fingers for now on them apple dumplins and to prep for spring!  PLU-EEEEZE keep us updated on the MRI.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

MLB57

« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2010, 07:38:03 am »
Hi Phyl and everyone,

Guess this brunch wasn't meant to be--I hadn't checked my e-mail for several days now and just this morning I came on to send my regrets--my daughter- in-law called me last night asking me to babysit Oct 17 as my son is running in his first half marathon...Of course I couldn't refuse...

I am saddened to hear of Bill's stroke but sounds like he will recover which is great so maybe we will see him in the spring...  ;)

Definitely hope to see all us "brunchies" in the Spring...  ;D

Best always,

Mary (aka Grammy Mary) (Matthew has graduated from calling me Mimi to Grammy now)...  :)

1 cm rt AN (retrosigmoid Jan 2001 UMASSMed Ctr/Worc, MA)
Residual left--continued growing--finished 30 FSR w/Dr Loeffler (Mass Gen/Boston MA) on Oct 22 2007... --April 2010--tumor shrank to 8mm and is a dark spot!!  Latest Update: April May 2017 scan shows no change!--Next MRI 2020!!  Life is good!!

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2010, 08:06:47 am »
I usually miss the spring brunch because it lands on my fishing trip ... so it may be another year before you see me !

4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

elliemae

« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2010, 08:17:15 am »
I'm bummed too ... late in checking in, and sorry to hear the news about Bill and this news too.

Well, after another long winter, we'll definitely be ready for double dumplings!!   ;)
Here's hoping Bill is back, and Joe can make it too!

Good luck on your MRI, Lisa!

See you all in the spring!
Elaine

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2010, 12:34:30 pm »
Well, crap! I was hopin' one o' you scurvey scallywags would overnight me one or a dozen o' them apple dumplins!!!

Capt Deb
PS Are we allowed to say "crap?"
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

LisaP

« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2010, 05:36:17 pm »
Hi

Thanks for the best wishes on my upcoming MRI, I've got my ativan ready!!!

LisaP ::)
LisaP
AN at 12mm by 7mm by 7mm,  shown no growth as of September 26, 2013, 5.5 years into this journey.  Next MRI 2015. Doctors: Mason and McKenna.  Continue to W&W

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2010, 05:23:03 am »
Hi

Thanks for the best wishes on my upcoming MRI, I've got my ativan ready!!!

LisaP ::)

0.5mg should do the trick! :)

OK, folks.... alternate date in the Spring? I need to book the reservation now due to spring bookings (ie: engagement parties, college graduations, etc).  Please note here alternate date... we usually do in April/May timeframe.

Phyl

LisaP

« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2010, 05:05:59 pm »
Hi Phyl,

I vote for early sometime in April, I don't have a 2011 calendar handy to see when Easter is.  I have my daughter graduating from College in May, (thank god, now my husband and I will have some money), so May would be iffy for me since I do not know the date yet for the graduation.   

This info is for Phyl and me and any other Red Sox Fan::::::Opening day is April 8th, Friday against the Yankees, so that whole weekend they are playing the Yanks, also have home games on the weekend of the 16th and 17th and 30th and May 1st, so traffic could be a problem.  They are away on the weekend of the 1st and 2nd and the 22nd and 23rd.  Just thought you would like to know ::).  But like I said before I do not know when Easter is.

Lisa ;D

PS My doctor gave me 2 ativans for my MRI in case I lose one, yeah right!!!
LisaP

lholl36233

« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2010, 07:43:58 pm »
April is great for me.  When I told my mother the October brunch was cancelled, she said, "I was looking forward to the apple dumplings".  She'll have to eat 2 in April.   ;D
Proton Radiation for my hemangioma at MGH December 2009.  Hearing has improved.  Doing great!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2010, 02:07:19 pm »
Phyl ~

We usually meet for the brunch in mid-to-late April.  Easter is the 24th which leaves the 3rd, 10th or 17th .  I prefer a slightly later date due to inclement weather concerns so my choice would be the 17th - but I'm not adverse to a different date if that works best for others.

Jim 
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.