Author Topic: 3 days away some questions...  (Read 3742 times)

Denisex2boys

Re: 3 days away some questions...
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2009, 08:40:00 am »
Good luck and I will be thinking of you!  As far as the 'galfriend' - I too got the 'visitor' the day I was being released - it scared the crap outta me - I called my Nurse 'NORM' and he told me it was my 'friend' - but I told him I had just had a 'friend' two weeks before surgery!  He said it was from the steroids ........ thank goodness it happened the morning of my release or I would have ended up going to our local ER - how embarrassing that would have been!  That is the one thing they shoud tell us ladies can happen from the steroids - as this seems to happen to a lot of us ......
- Oct. 16/08 - 12 hour 'blob-ectomy' at LHSC in London, ON - Dr. Lownie and Parnes
- Some internal facial numbness (cheek, tongue, eye), SSD, headaches (getting better), dry eye, some balance issues..... but othwise AWESOME!

lori67

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2009, 09:13:53 am »
Oh Denise, even more embarrassing when your nurse is named Norm!   :-[

At least the people on duty in the ER that night would have gotten a good laugh at your expense!  After you'd gone home, of course!

Jen, deep breaths....relax.... you'll be back posting before you know it!   :)

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Jwh

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2009, 09:16:44 am »
I've been ok up to this point but now the nerves are kicking into full gear  :(  I'm counting on those meds they gave me to get me into the OR without a meltdown.  Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Denise, I would have freaked out too!  I would've been sitting next to you at the ER.  GOOD Times!  ;)
5/01  1.3 AN removed at NYU using Retrosig. Approach
2/07  Rediagnosed with Regrowth 8 mm (wait & watch mode)
1/09  1.4 AN removed at NYU using Translab (total tumor removal)

wendysig

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2009, 10:08:09 am »
Hi Jen,
The best advice I can give you for the next two days is do things to keep your mind off surgery - easier said than done I know.  The week before my surgery, my sister and friends kept me busy, going out to lunch, to movies, etc.  I had cleaned the house from top to bottom, packed everything I thought I would need and had nothiing else to do, so I went went with the flow and just had a good time.  It really helped me relax in the days leading up to my surgery, with the added benefit of seeing people I didn't get to set a lot of.  If you can do this at all, it really helps.  Monday is coming, enjoy today.

Best wishes,
Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Jwh

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2009, 11:06:04 am »
Hi Jen,
The best advice I can give you for the next two days is do things to keep your mind off surgery - easier said than done I know.  The week before my surgery, my sister and friends kept me busy, going out to lunch, to movies, etc.  I had cleaned the house from top to bottom, packed everything I thought I would need and had nothiing else to do, so I went went with the flow and just had a good time.  It really helped me relax in the days leading up to my surgery, with the added benefit of seeing people I didn't get to set a lot of.  If you can do this at all, it really helps.  Monday is coming, enjoy today.

Best wishes,
Wendy

That is good advice to enjoy today and the moment.  I'll try ( :
5/01  1.3 AN removed at NYU using Retrosig. Approach
2/07  Rediagnosed with Regrowth 8 mm (wait & watch mode)
1/09  1.4 AN removed at NYU using Translab (total tumor removal)

cin605

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2009, 03:36:40 pm »
Yes,I do remember beggin for more ice chips.
Good luck.Looking forward to hear from you soon.
Cindy
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old

JerseyGirl2

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2009, 03:52:04 pm »
Ice chips! And the little sponge on the end of a stick that the ICU nurses would soak in water and then let you suck on. I don't think I've ever been so thirsty in my life, and when my doctor visited me in the ICU shortly after I woke up I told him that if I ever happened to see a Diet Coke anywhere in that room I was going to rip out every tube in my body and crawl over to get it!

Catherine (JerseyGirl2)
Translab surgery and BAHA implant: House Ear Institute, Los Angeles, 1/2008
Drs. J. House, Schwartz, Wilkinson, and Stefan
BAHA Intenso, 6/2008
no facial, balance, or vision problems either before or after surgery ... just hearing loss
Monmouth County, NJ