Author Topic: 3 weeks 3 days post op Translab  (Read 1607 times)

stephSF

• Live each day to the fullest.
3 weeks 3 days post op Translab
« on: February 17, 2012, 01:08:38 pm »
Hi all!  I just wanted to tell you that my recovery continues to go wonderfully.  I still have taste issues and a little wonki head, but I started driving this last Tuesday, am doing more around the house, and able to help all the kids with homework again.  I rest for an hour before the kids get home but I am cooking for the family again.  Still getting used to SSD...and it's not so bad.  I feel good and am very glad I had my surgery.  I got a list of vestibular exercises tht I am going to do in hoes my head clears all the way up!  Thanks fr all the support from my diagnosis...through surgery, and now as a postie.
1.6 cm AN Translab with Dr.'s Friedman and Shwartz with HEI on 1-25-2012.  I am doing great!  Surgery saved my life :).   Be brave, have a great attitude, and hire the best surgical team!!!!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: 3 weeks 3 days post op Translab
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 03:12:18 pm »
Steph ~

Congratulations on your excellent recovery!  Thanks for sharing it with us, too.  Onward and upward!  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

james e

• 72 years, 1.7cm, trans lab Mar 2010, BAHA 5
Re: 3 weeks 3 days post op Translab
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 11:02:59 am »
Glad you are recovering so nicely. Keep doing the exercises...it will help you in the long run. Do not run yourself into the ground. Recovery is a long process, so take it easy.