Author Topic: Vitamin C  (Read 4192 times)

Denisex2boys

Vitamin C
« on: August 29, 2007, 06:05:05 pm »
Has anyone tried and or anything baout the dosage of vitamin C you can tek to help shrink tumors.

Don't get me wrong I believe in medical intervention but I don't think taking supplements can hurt either.

I just got off the phone with my Aunt and she mentioned to me about Vit. C.  She has inoperable lymphoma and was basically given a death sentence about 5 years ago - she is still going strong and she has NEVER gotten chemo or radiation - she has done everything homopathically and it is obviously working for her - she just started seeing a Medical / Complimentary Med. Dr. and he started her on a Vit. C regimine about a year ago - albiet she get's her does via I/V once a week.  She still has a tumor near her heart and between her lungs but they have decreased in size signigicantly.  She said her spirit, energy level and breathing have gotten much much better.\ and her blood scans are clear.

Anyway - it can't hurrt to try this since I am in the pre-treatment stage - - I am also taking all the B's, Omega (for brain fog), Calcium.

Oh yes, I FINALLY have an appointment for my assessement - it's on Tues., Sept. 25th with Dr. Lorne Parnes at University hospital in London, ON Canada.  Wish me luck!!!!
- Oct. 16/08 - 12 hour 'blob-ectomy' at LHSC in London, ON - Dr. Lownie and Parnes
- Some internal facial numbness (cheek, tongue, eye), SSD, headaches (getting better), dry eye, some balance issues..... but othwise AWESOME!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Vitamin C
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 04:36:01 pm »
For what it may be worth:  I've taken 500 mg of vitamin C daily, for the past 25 years.  I still developed an acoustic neuroma tumor.  Go figure.  However, I recovered very rapidly.  I still take vitamin C (500 mg) daily, for other reasons.  Hey, it can't hurt!

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Sheryl

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 07:21:32 pm »
Here's my two cents - my husband and I have also taken 500 mg to 1,000 mg a day (sometimes more if we feel we are coming down with something) of vitamin C for the past 25 years.  We both have developed benign brain tumors - his is a meningioma removed surgically in 2004 and now shows regrowth.  Mine is a 9th cranial nerve schwannoma (much like an acoustic neuroma) which has only changed 3mm in six years.  In between, I've also had breast cancer.  We still take vitamin C and other vitamins.

Good luck on your assessment - are you looking at surgery or radiation?  After months of questions and indecision, my husband has decided on Cyberknife rather than a second surgery and is set up for his assessment in Boston on September 24th.  Now that the decision is made, wish it were tomorrow!!
Sheryl
9th cranial nerve schwannoma - like an acoustic neuroma on another nerve. Have recently been told it could be acoustic neuroma. Only 7 mm of growth in 18 years. With no symptoms. Continuing W&W

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 08:16:58 pm »
The absorption rate of popping vitamin tablets is very, very low. For example, iron - you have to have copious amounts of iron tablets compared to say a piece of red meat - I have read the ratios and it's frightening.

I used to take vitamin c supplements then realised that an orange or kiwi fruit is tastier and much better absorption rates. Check out the web their should be some info on it. All I know is that these pills are not cheap and your body doesn't actually absorb much of it.

As for shrinking tumors - who knows. If it gives you hope, then go for it.

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 02:21:02 pm »
Blueberries! Blueberries, blueberries, blueberries!  The superfood of all superfoods!  I eat almost a cup of 'em every day. In the summer I freeze them and have them all winter. Usually from our 10 or so blueberry bushes. Not this summer. They ALL froze in a late spring frost every dang blossom rotted and fell off. I've had to buy 'em and they ain't cheap. I agree with Laz that it's far better to eat nutricious food that it is to pop vittie pills. I eat alot of fruit and green stuff and fish and organic meat. However, my doc said to take vitamin Cwith the Topamax I'm on to decrease the side -effects, mostly mood-related.

Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW