Author Topic: Post for Nightsky  (Read 1939 times)

nannettesea

Post for Nightsky
« on: March 09, 2006, 02:28:58 pm »
Dear Nightsky,
About a year ago you wrote to say your tumor had returned, but also that post-surgery you had permanent dizziness.

I was wondering if you had another surgery, or what has been going on with you?

My other reason for writing is that I have terrible dizziness 7 months post-op, and no doctors know why.  They are mystified.  A recent MRI showed no regrowth of the tumor.

I was wondering, did they say your dizziness was from tumor recurrance?  Do you still have the dizziness?  I'm so discouraged, unable to work, etc.

Hope you get this.
Nan
1.7cm x 1.4cm x .8cm, right ear
Trans-lab approach
Dr. Jay Rubinstein, U of WA
8/29/05

Battyp

Re: Post for Nightsky
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 02:44:00 pm »
nan I'm not nightsky but was wondering if they ruled out meniere's disease?  A clients husband had an AN removed and developed meniere's a few months later and through my discussion with him it causes severe dizziness and imbalance. 

Hope that helps...

Raydean

Re: Post for Nightsky
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 05:48:19 pm »
Welcome back Nan, Glad to see your posting.

Hugs to you
Raydean
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

nannettesea

Re: Thanks Raydean
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 11:37:35 am »
Hi, Raydean-
Yes, I'm still checking the forum...guess I'm a little hooked.  I just am careful about the postings I read, so as not to get discouraged...

Thanks for the hugs.  Interesting point about Meniere's.  The first doc I ever saw immediately said it wasn't Meniere's.  I think they automatically rule it out when you have an AN.  I'll ask my doc what he thinks.  The same/first doc wasn't sure the AN was causing my dizziness....though the 2nd guy (my surgeon) disagreed.  But I love how they both said surgery SHOULD eliminate my dizziness.  They never guarantee.  Guess that's how they avoid malpractice lawsuits...

hugs back to you--by the way, did you find a speaker for the next support group meeting?  I'm back in WA end of next month.
Nan
1.7cm x 1.4cm x .8cm, right ear
Trans-lab approach
Dr. Jay Rubinstein, U of WA
8/29/05