Author Topic: Retrosig Scar Tissue/Healing  (Read 3026 times)

TomBVA

Retrosig Scar Tissue/Healing
« on: December 04, 2013, 04:09:39 pm »
I had retrosigmoid surgical approach 4 months ago.  Overall recovery is going well, with execption of scar tissue along the incision.  The scar tissue is still really tight or stiff and does not seem to be progressing or thinning out.  This causes discomfort especially at the base of the incision at the top of the neck area.   I am not describing this very well--I guess my question is for those who had retrosigmoid is how long does it take for the scar tissue to thin out or loosen up?    I am hoping for a little relief at some point, I wonder will that take up to 12 months post-op or longer?

nclabtech

Re: Retrosig Scar Tissue/Healing
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 10:24:16 pm »
Hi, I also had retrosigmoid surgery 4 months ago. My scar is still healing too. I still have numbness in places. My hair has grown back around it so it is not visible to others, but I feel  the tightness too
Right 8 mm AN diagnosed 5/7/13. Some hearing loss, facial numbness, tinnitus.
Retrosigmoid surgery scheduled for 7/26/13. Dr Fukushima Duke Raleigh, NC
Retrosigmoid surgery 7/26 right 1.2cm AN, retained useful hearing, no facial deficits, constant tinnitus.

Tod

• My blog (work and life)
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 08:05:31 am »
I think there are lot of factors and every is different, however, this still seems that is noticeable to me, though not problematic, for most of the first year. In fact, there were a number of sensitivities in that region of my head up until about 18 months post.

-Tod
Bob the tumor: 4.4cm x 3.9cm x 4.1 cm.
Trans-Lab and Retro-sigmoid at MCV on 2/12/2010.

Removed 90-95% in a 32 hour surgery. Two weeks in ICU.  SSD Left.

http://randomdatablog.com

BAHA implant 1/25/11.

28 Sessions of FSR @ MCV ended 2/9/12.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 10:22:35 am »
Had retrosig on 5/31/07.  Can't really recall how long it took my scar/incision to not feel tight anymore, but know for sure it was still tight when I had my BAHA implant 9 months after my AN surgery.

Give it some time; 4 months isn't that long.

Keep the faith!

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

rmcgurran

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 10:11:56 pm »
Give it more time.  I'm 22 months out from my surgery and the scar area is no longer tight, but it is still sensitive to touch.  When I put my fingers to that area I can feel where the screws are.  As many other members have said, "Patience is key." 

Happy holidays!
Robbie