Author Topic: Ellaine -let us all know how you are doing  (Read 1499 times)

KMacDonald

Ellaine -let us all know how you are doing
« on: November 04, 2008, 07:59:24 pm »
Elaine,
          I've been thinking about you!  How are you doing with the beginning of your Radiation treatments?  If I could figure out how to get your e-mail address, in profile, I would be delighted!  I found myself, but Icouldn't find you............help.  I hope each day makes the next one easier.  Are you going to the Waltham support group on the 15th?  I'm definitely going.  Anyone else going?  My MRI is on the 19th and then I see Dr.McKenna.  This is a really important visit for me as I have decided to go the radiation route.  I'm willing to stay in Watch-Wait as long as this "little bugger" doesn't increase in size. I can't believe it took me almost a year to decide this.  Hope to hear from you........................Kathy

sgerrard

Re: Ellaine -let us all know how you are doing
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 12:06:21 am »
Hi Kathy,

Elaine posts under the screen name Elliemae, so look for that, either in a post or the member list.

Here is a recent post by her: http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=7923.msg84791#msg84791

Click on the screen name there, and you will go to her profile page. At the bottom is a link that says "Send this member a personal message."

Personal messages (PMs) are almost like emails, except they are relayed by the forum software, so you don't need the actual email address. That lets us keep the email addresses private, so they don't get picked up by spammers. She will get a notice in her regular email program, and if she replies, you will get a notice the same way.

Hope you get in touch. Also that your MRI goes well.  :)

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

elliemae

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 12:34:22 pm »
Hi, Kathy, I pm'd you too .... hope you find it!

To update everyone:  I just got back to work from my first session.  Only 29 to go!  (I guess having MGH 3 stops away on the Red Line is one "benefit" of this therapy! I can take a couple of hours off work and then come back rededicated to it - let's see how long that lasts!  I'm very hopeful!)

The worst part of today was that it was the first day, I think.  Putting on the "immobilization device" (aka "headgear") and getting strapped into the machine was 2nd worst.  That headgear is heavy.  I hope I have some teeth left when this is over!

The whole appointment took about an hour, but most of that was getting positioned, taking xrays to be sure I'm in the right position, talking to therapists and to the nurse.  The radiation itself took about 3-4 minutes (two shots from two different angles).  Of course, I think of several questions to ask now, but since I'll be back tomorrow, there's no big hurry, eh?  :)

I do have a headache, but I think that's partly that headgear and mostly stress!
Elaine

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 07:01:00 am »
elaine, rumor has it that apple dumplin's cures what ails ya! :)  Congrats m'dear on working your way to becoming a "toastie posite"... aren't those words that just ring in your head... or was it the tinnitus? (slap me for that later!)

You're doing great! Hang in there... and see you Sunday!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"