Author Topic: Great site and other junk...  (Read 3661 times)

mimoore

• Believe!
Great site and other junk...
« on: July 30, 2008, 12:10:28 pm »
I found a great site for eye issues if anyone is interested, it is: http://www.dryeyeyellowpages.com/products/index.html
I have ordered Tranquileyes (night time), etc.
Made my own ricey bag with a nylon and long grain rice - doubled the nylon and tied a knot at each end. I heat for 30 seconds in the microwave and put it on my face to loosen up the muscles. Then I do tiny tapping with my fingers on my paralysed side and tiny circles lightly with my finger tips (all to keep the blood flowing).
Nothing to hard (I noticed once I was washing with a face cloth and a muscle above my lip went into a spasm - so I don't do anything rough.
I have done tons of searching so will pass on other great sites.
Michelle  ;D
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
Re: Great site and other junk...
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 03:08:14 pm »
Thanks for the resource!  I would be very interested in hearing how the Tranquileyes works for you when you get it?  I sleep with my Blinkeze on, but would be nice to have an alternative. 

Thanks again!

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 03:17:58 pm »
Hi Debbi,

I have them and like every thing else it takes time and I have no patience. It covers both eyes so I guess that is what I need to get used to. It comes with googles - foam around the edge and a piece of foam you take out and wet and squeeze out. You lube up and it keeps it moist all night. I also ordered the tini bikini (it goes over the outside foam to protect it from lube). I sleep on my side so it is a bit of getting used to. I will try it again - just frustrated so I tape my eye and then do the bandaid patch over.
It came with extra foam so I took one and stuck it inside my regular sunglasses minus the center part and I can go anywhere with them and no wind, and I can see - they kind of work like a moisture chamber.

I also ordered the oinion goggles - too loose no seal. Also a whilte pair of night goggles - too loose no seal. Then I went to the Harley Store like Satman suggested and got some good goggles that fit (each face is different).

Michelle  ;D
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

Debbi

• Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 04:23:45 pm »
Mihcelle-

I guess we all have to go through our "hoops" to figure out what will work for our eyes.  I never thought it would be so much trouble!  I guess when you are weighing the pros and cons of brain surgery, it is hard to imagine that a dry eye would be such a pain in the patootie! 

I think I'll just stick to my eye weight for the moment - once I get it on, it stays on for a couple of days, so it is actually pretty easy.

Here's hoping we get our smiles back!

Debbi
2.4 cm Right Side AN

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 04:36:03 pm »
Hi guys:   I had bought the Tranquileyes & it seemed okay for a few days,  then I found I was having eyeball pain - I felt it was due to the foam pushing on my eyelid.  I removed the center foam part, but then I wasn't getting enough of a 'moisture chamber',  that's when I found the Niteye Bubble, which works but I wake up during the night - I think I must move & wake up from feeling the plastic bubble against the side of my nose.

I tell ya,  I went to my opthalmologist today & broke down crying b/c I'm so tired of dealing with this - over 2 years & I guess I just lost it - I'm tired of the lubricant every 1-2 hours, the Niteye.....   It seems like there should be SOMETHING to make my eye feel like normal again !
The doc was great - he told me to voice this to the oculosurgeon who just put in the eye weight.   I know I can have either a stitch put in at the outer corner of my eye or have a piece of cartilege placed in the lower lid to keep it up (gravity keeps bringing the lower lid down).....   Needed to vent this.... Thanks.
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

CROOKEDSMILE

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 06:33:05 pm »
Hi Nancyann,
Welp...you're not the only one to break down. I had a spell today too. My eye is driving me insane. I miss the simpler days of my life when all I had to worry about was what to wear! or what color nailpolish, etc. Some days I tell my husband that I just want my eye sewn shut and to forget about it. Trust me I understand. It's okay to get down......tomorrow is a new day. Just put your feet up and relax. Treat yourself to a massage or pedicure. When I am feeling really down I visit the local spa for special treatment because WE deserve it. You do the same. Take care.
Crookedsmile
Scream....it feels good@

Debbi

• Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 02:28:26 pm »
Nancy, I am sending you a big hug - you have been through so much!  If anyone deserves a good cry now and again, you do (heck, all of us do!)  So, a question - you mentioned getting a stitch put in the outer corner of your eye?  Is this considered a lower lid lift?  Just wondering because my optho mentioned a lower lid lift as a longer-term solution for my droopy lower lid. 

I think you also got a punctal plug, didn't you?  Did it help at all?

Debbi, sending you good thoughts and a hug
2.4 cm Right Side AN

Jeanlea

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2008, 04:14:34 pm »
Hi Nancy,

Sending you a big hug.  (I don't know how to do all the fancy stuff with letters and banners here.)  I had a stitch put in the corner of my eye along with having the lower lid lifted.  I believe they put cartilage in it.  That's along with the gold weight.  With all of that my eye closes enough that I don't need to cover it at night.  I'm currently putting in liguigel every 2-3 hours or ointment once a day depending on my mood.  If I'm going to be busy and forgetful I use the ointment.  You wouldn't be able to notice any of these things by looking at me.  I was really afraid to do because I thought my eye would look much smaller.  I'm so thankful that it looks the same as the other eye.
Hope your eye feels better soon.

Jean
translab on 3.5+ cm tumor
September 6, 2005
Drs. Friedland and Meyer
Milwaukee, WI
left-side facial paralysis and numbness
TransEar for SSD

Pol

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2008, 09:23:41 am »
wow! this is a great site. thanks so much. I may try the goggles but at least the drops. Why not spend more $$ on my eye?

Polly
AN diagnosed Sept.'99; GK Dec. '99 and Sept. '06
Subocciptal partial resection (AN 2.5x 2.2) by Drs. Bojrab & Pieper. SSD right

Kaybo

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2008, 09:38:52 am »
Nancy~
Hope you are having a better day!!  Hugs to you!
Did the eye weight not help?  It made a world of difference for me...
Believe me, when my eye was sewn shut, it was the EASIEST time of my life with all the eye problems, but I guess I am VAIN and wanted it open...talk about STARES!!!!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!