Author Topic: Nerve Root pain?  (Read 2264 times)

cjtender

• My blog
Nerve Root pain?
« on: May 22, 2009, 07:20:43 am »
OK more questions here---- I still have the numb/pain to left thigh area since the surgery---has not gotten worse or better---now since the removal of the spinal cath I have a sunburn type pain from my right breast down and right shoulder....anyone else have anything like this?  I am getting so fustrated with all of the nerve type pain that keeps popping up
Patty  34 , RN ,  Dx with 3x2cm (plum grape) size AN on 3/6/2009 and ALL  removed-- retosigmoid on 4/28/09 with Selesnick/Gutin at SLoan Kettering in NYC

reg

Re: Nerve Root pain?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 11:44:14 am »
i too have this type of nerve problem i self-diagnosed it as peripheral neurapthy i thought it was caused by routing of a shunt that  pressed on a nerve on my opposite side. chest, shoulder, abdomen, leg and feet are affected i have taken all types of meds to no avail i am hoping this will go away with time hang in there and if you hear of anything concerning this let me know
4.5 cm retro surgical removal dec 06

epodjn

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 01:06:36 pm »
I had similar pain also. I'm 6 months out now and all the pain is gone, but boy was it annoying while it was there. Nothing seemed to help but time.
Left side 3.2cm AN/FN removed 12/8/08 Dr's. Shelton and Reichman. SSD, facial paralysis,taste issues, lateral tarrsoraphy 6/25/09,scheduled for eye and nasal valve surgery 6/22/11 life is GOOD!

cjtender

• My blog
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 03:42:08 pm »
The sunburn type pain to right side is just about gone but the pain and numbness to left thigh is still there..it has not gotten any better or worse....
Patty  34 , RN ,  Dx with 3x2cm (plum grape) size AN on 3/6/2009 and ALL  removed-- retosigmoid on 4/28/09 with Selesnick/Gutin at SLoan Kettering in NYC

epodjn

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 06:01:52 pm »
Well, you are still not too far post-op so I am guessing it will clear up eventually, hopefully. As they say, results may vary. That is the frustrating part of all this. No one can really tell you for sure. But it's good to hear people's experiences so you know what you might be able to expect. It's also good to see the wide variety of time tables for healing. Before I found this site I was a little down because I had absolutely NO recovery from facial paralysis. I was at a 6 and it had been several months. But when I heard people talking about making progress in terms of lots of months and even years it gave me hope. Now I'm 6 months out and I'm up to a 5. Slow but sure, that's my motto now.
Left side 3.2cm AN/FN removed 12/8/08 Dr's. Shelton and Reichman. SSD, facial paralysis,taste issues, lateral tarrsoraphy 6/25/09,scheduled for eye and nasal valve surgery 6/22/11 life is GOOD!