Author Topic: Swaying feeling post cruise  (Read 3014 times)

BeckyMax

Swaying feeling post cruise
« on: March 29, 2012, 06:29:11 pm »
I returned from a 4 night Bahamas cruise last friday, one week ago tomorrow, we have cruised several times before and i generally doing have some post cruise motion sickness for a few days but this going on a week now and it hasn't let up.  What I have noticed that is different than my last cruise 2 years ago is that i find myself leaning to my left side, which is my AN side.  Anyone else experience this after cruising?  I think I am understanding what the term wonkiness means.  Hoping this subsides soon...

Becky
7mm x 5 mm Left AN, diagnosed 2/9/12
7mm x 6 mm  8/12
9mm x 7 mm  8/13
Cyberknife 12/13

james e

• 72 years, 1.7cm, trans lab Mar 2010, BAHA 5
Re: Swaying feeling post cruise
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 05:17:58 am »
I have had that post cruise movement before I had my surgery, but I think most people have that. I have not been on a cruise since then. I do have a Boston Whaler I take out, and I was afraid after my surgery that I would be so wonky that I might sell the boat, but it does not bother me. That was a big suprise to me.

If you are fairly new to the AN scene, that wonky feeling goes away for lots of people as their brain begins to compensate for the faulty signals that their vestibular sends. Hang in there!

James

Suu

• Better out than in.
Re: Swaying feeling post cruise
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 11:04:16 pm »
I wasted a lot of money going on a cruise without a middle ear. I was in bed for 3 of the days and then holding on for grim death to any handrail or person for the rest of the time.
Hubby and I ened up having to get off and fly home and that was horrific to say the least with my AN side unable to 'equalize' in the rough air that we continually flew through all the way.

After the cruise it took me time to get my land legs again  :P

Cheers,
Suu
4cm Left side AN Translab August 18th 2010
Facial nerve not working
Nerve conduction Jan '11 Repeated 23rd May '11
SSD left side
5 ops in 6 weeks to fix CSF leaks
Tarsorrhaphy 9 Mar '11 Extended 26 Aug '13
Sling Thur 16 June '11
12/7 nerve graft 9 Feb '12