Author Topic: Migraine's and Fever?  (Read 5499 times)

Rc Moser

Migraine's and Fever?
« on: January 06, 2010, 09:42:53 am »
Just getting over a killer 3 day migraine!  I recently have experienced fever with my migraines, Seems to come after vomitting.  fever runs from 100 to 102 degrees. Pain on my right side and teeth throbbing also have seem to increase when I had these migraines.  Has anybody else experienced fever with migraines?
9/17/03, 4.5CM, Translab, OU Medical Center, Dr. (the ear man) Saunders and Dr. B. (the BrainMAN) Wilson  along with about 4 other Doctors that keep me going for 18 hours.

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
Re: Migraine's and Fever?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 09:49:30 am »
Please contact your doctor right away....

My thoughts and prayers will be with you please let us know....

Best Wishes,

Pat
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 09:59:19 am »
 Has anybody else experienced fever with migraines?

Fever is NOT normal with migraines. You have an infection your body is fighting. Definitely get to the doctor. You could have a sinus infection... maxillary sinus comes to mind.

http://www.merck.com/mmhe/sec19/ch221/ch221i.html

DHM
4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 09:16:13 am »
I have done this and as mentioned it was 9 times out of 10 an infection ...my advice is to call your doctor if you haven't already
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

Rc Moser

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 07:33:19 pm »
I did go to the doctor, no infection and the head pain was gone by the time I got an appointment, the fever was short lived 3 or 4 hours and was gone and never came back. so now I am an "inbetweenee" between margraines.  I get headaches all about every day usually at the end of my work shift being I have to put up with so much noise and the drive home don't help. Makes my ear buzz worse. But I still have to work so got to do what you have to get by. but. Work time is getting shorter 30 to 52 months and no more work for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9/17/03, 4.5CM, Translab, OU Medical Center, Dr. (the ear man) Saunders and Dr. B. (the BrainMAN) Wilson  along with about 4 other Doctors that keep me going for 18 hours.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 08:20:18 pm »
RC -

it definitely sounds like the headaches are related to the noise @ your job.  Is it possible for you to wear some type of ear plugs when you're working?   That might resolve the issue or at least improve it.

Just a thought,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Rc Moser

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 09:13:32 am »
thank you! I agree it probably is my job! But can't quite just yet, so got to suffer through it. I do wear ear protection and I usually have to have an ear plug in around the house also. I consider myself an ear plug expert.  Howard light max, Silencio, and HEAROS soft ear plugs offers the max protection 32dBs and most of the time will not make you ear sore after hours of use. 

For me I have found the ear plug start getting dirty (with skin oil) after about 4 or 5 hours which changes there softness, so I change them out ( should I say one). But, some days it just don't matter my head, teeth, and behind my right eye acks and just gets worse as the day goes on. This usually triggers  a migraine attack for me. Sometimes I can ward it off and sometimes no matter what I do it just gets worse.

I have a hard time wearing ear defender (muffs) the pressing or squeezing my head makes the pain worse. I have also found I can't were a plug in my AN side ear, makes pain and starts the trigenmal nerve firing which causes pain across my forehead, behind my right eye, and  down my jaw and into my teeth.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2010, 09:33:44 pm »
RC -

is it possibly you'd qualify for disability?

Just a thought,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Rc Moser

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 07:23:06 pm »
thanks for the thought! I don't think I am disabled yet? Beside you know us men! LOL! I don't think most of the doctors I go to understand or believe me anyway. Some are goofy and some are ready to put me on every drug know to mankind? Just can't find a doctor that has my best interest in mind? I don't look like I am disabled or in pain, I know SS administration will just denied it anyway and I don't want to fool with a lawyer just yet, well at least till my back goes, got three cracked disk, arthritis, and a fractured hip.