Author Topic: Reasons to give thanks  (Read 2427 times)

grega

Reasons to give thanks
« on: July 08, 2011, 12:35:35 pm »
Hi all .... hope this finds you bathed in the warmth of family, friends and summer beeezes (at least in the northern hemisphere).

My baha 100 is purring along fine, after a bit of surgery to remove some of the healing skin that was up to the top of the abutment.  Doc thinks that daily gentle brusing will help avoid that happening again.

My 6.5 yr follow-up MRI in late June provided good news .... nothing there.  Some family members agree wholeheartedly  ::)

I'm heading to N.E. in a few weeks ... flying into Manchester, and then driving to Stowe and then to Bethlehem/Franconia area for couple days each at B&Bs.  Looking forward to cool temps, alpine slides, golf and good food.  On return, will probably look around several small towns on Lake W. 

If you can recommend any good places to get lobster, I'm all ears .... err, make that ear.

Stay well, and keep smiling!

Greg
1.5 cm AN retrosig 11/04.
Drs. Henry Brem & Michael Holliday @ Johns Hopkins, Baltimore
SSD right. Tinnitus big-time, only when thinking of it.
BAHA since 7/20/10 ... really helps w/ hearing, specially after programming in subliminal message: "Hey, don't listen to your tinnitus!"

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Reasons to give thanks
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 01:13:23 pm »
Hi, Greg!

Good to see you posting and to learn that you're doing so well.  The MRI report is excellent, of course, and the fact that you're about to embark on what sounds like a pleasant vacation in northern New England is great!  You do have reasons to give thanks - as do many of us that frequent these forums - and we do.  No lobster recommendations but you have my wishes for a great time; good golfing, good eating and just a wonderful summer experience. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Rivergirl

• Rivergirl
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 04:44:20 pm »
I am from New Hampshire and the best place for "lobsta" is over at the coast.  But if you are not going that way, there are tremendous restaurants dotted all over the Lakes region so I am sure you will find some great eats.  Enjoy our White Mountains, they own a piece of my heart.
Diagnosed 6/2008
Right AN 2cmx8x9
Sub-Occipital at Mass General with Martusa and McKenna on 5/31/11
Right SSD, very little taste
I think I will make it!

grega

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 07:07:44 pm »
Thanks Jim & Rivergirl for you kind thoughts!  Yep, can't complain since AN surgery in '04 .... and I zone out with deep mind-wanderings during MRI's, so it's really not so bad.

Looking forward to this little getaway, including first visits to VT and to Lake W.  Might check out Weathervane for lobsta.  Probably not nearly enuf time, but it'll make me want to return... I just have that feeling.

Greg
1.5 cm AN retrosig 11/04.
Drs. Henry Brem & Michael Holliday @ Johns Hopkins, Baltimore
SSD right. Tinnitus big-time, only when thinking of it.
BAHA since 7/20/10 ... really helps w/ hearing, specially after programming in subliminal message: "Hey, don't listen to your tinnitus!"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 02:11:09 pm »
Sorry, no restaurant suggestions from me - I don't get around much  :(

Thanks for sharing the great MRI news - even if your family members think you are brainless  ;D

Also glad to hear that your BP100 is working well.  Mine is too!

Although I'm not having as relaxing a summer as you apparently are, life is good.

Party on,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways