Watch and Wait > For those in the 'watch and wait' status

Intracanalicular ANs poll

<< < (2/7) > >>

JD808:
I have a 1.5cm x 1cm tumor in my right IAC. I have lost 100% of the hearing in that ear, tinnitus has moderated to 1-4 on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being an ungodly racket, balance is wonky especially at night, and I'm now experiencing facial sensation nerve issues on the right side of my face. Consultation with the 2 top surgical teams on the West Coast resulted in identical recommendations for surgical removal. I can't imagine waiting around to see what else this thing impacts next.

extropy:
I had an extracanalicular VS (3.5 cm large) and I've lost hearing ability (left ear) only in the last month before (retrosigmoid) exeresis. Then after 3 years, I had a new (regrown) VS, on the same ear, but this time it was mainly intracanalicular (volume 2,60 cm^3, treated with gamma-knife). As far as I can say the intracanalicular is much worse (tinnitus, balance, etc.). --serafino (Rome, Italy)

rupert:
With todays advancements in imaging coupled with the fact that more and more  doctors are willing to use this technology as a standard part of examination and diagnosis , I can see more and more acoustic neuroma's being found at smaller stages.
   Somewhat out of the box here but, its just how I think.  I can see a day where you go to the doctor and your whole body is scanned from head to toe by some type of machine just as a regular part of routine physicals. Many problems will be found earlier and earlier, smaller and smaller.
   There was just a story in our local paper about a 4 year old who accompanied his mother to the doctor to get her blood drawn. For some unknown reason the boy fainted  and so they took him to the ER just as a precaution.  The doctor made a decision to do an MRI and they found a brain tumor.  15-20 years ago I'm guessing this would have never happened.  Who knows where the technology will take us as far as imaging, diagnosis and treatment.

PurrfectHappiness:
Hi,

I was recently diagnosed 3 mos ago with a 9x5x5mm AN inside left ear canal.

I am experiencing tinnitus, off balanceness, and fatigue. 

I am in “W&W” mode after numerous Dr consultations and tests.

~Kind Regards to all

Basia:
Hi.  I have a small intracochlear schwannoma. It's inside the labyrinth.  The only symptom is moderate hearing loss and tinnitus.  Diagnosed last Friday by dr. Friedman of UCSD.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version