Author Topic: AN and MonaVie Juice??  (Read 2304 times)

cobbler

AN and MonaVie Juice??
« on: September 12, 2010, 09:36:07 pm »
I have surgery scheduled on October 19th for removal of my AN. I also suffer from fibromyalgia and lipomas on various parts of my body.

Thankfully, my supportive husband is constantly looking for something to make me feel better. He was introduced to MonaVie Juice. He "forced" me to drink it and after a little over a month, I can honestly say that I have not felt this good in years! I had such an active productive weekend and loved every minute of it. My friends and family have noticed the difference in me without my telling them what I have been doing!

On my left arm, I have a really large lipoma, about the size of a grapefruit. Tonight, it is the size of an egg?? Wierd?? The only thing that I have changed is MonaVie. You can actually feel the indentations where the lipoma has subsided from being embedded in my muscle. Since lipomas and AN's are very similar in texture and makeup, I cannot help but wonder if my AN is shrinking also???

My MRI was in July. Will they do another one before surgery? Or any other x-ray to check? They are so expensive so I would hate to request another one but I cannot help but wonder??

Curios Misty!
Misty Cobb

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: AN and MonaVie Juice??
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 05:40:57 am »
Misty -

it's wonderful that you have such a supportive husband.

As for anything shrinking your AN, the only thing that will likely do that is radiation.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Cheryl R

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 07:04:26 am »
Every dr has their own protocol in how they do a treatment.    I would doubt very much that another MRI would be done.     You also should ahead tell the dr of taking this as they will want to have you stop drinking it a certain amt of time before surgery.   It may not be considered a herbal supplement but it may have some affect on the body that might influence how it affects as a blood thinner or some other effect you do not want when having surgery.                    A lipoma is a different type of tissue than the AN so I very much doubt it is having any effect on the AN.    Sorry to say!                       Good luck with your surgery!
                                                  Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

Mickey

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 08:24:20 am »
Hi cobbler! Well it`s nice to hear about someone else expressing the benifits of a potential health product! I`ve tried MonaVia in the past and did notice some healhfull benifits. I allso decided to get into many other alernative vitimin, mineral and herbal supplements. Needless to say I`ve been feeling pretty good going on over 3 years Wait+Watch with my AN stable at around 12X6. I`m interested to hear how you make out and do believe that certain alternitve nutrients can definately make a difference. Keep me posted! I`m probably going to get the MonaVia back on the shelf soon. Best wishes, Mickey P.S. Depending on size, symptoms, location and age it just might be worth while to take another look.

cobbler

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 04:06:54 pm »
Thank You for the recommendation of telling my doc about MonaVie before the surgery. I did not give that a thought. Although, I feel so great, I may cry if I am told to stop drinking it for a few days.  ;D

As far as watch and wait - what about insurance?? Wouldn't the AN become a pre-existing condition? Not that I am eager to have the surgery, but insurance drives us to that. My insurance just changed last month due to the fact that my former carrier filed for bankruptcy. Luckily there was some law that the new company had to pick us up with no pre-existing clause. Un-luckily....I have to meet my $5000 deductable all over again. My husbands family and myself, both own our own businesses and due to cost, have terrible insurance - but that is another story!

Unfortunately in this country, we practice "reactive" medicine - as in we wait for a problem to arise , then react. I will continue to be proactive with my health and search alternative methods such as MonaVie. I have wasted too many good years of living. Time for life!

So....I still am confused on which way to proceed...... :-\

Misty Cobb

Mickey

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 10:29:27 am »
Whatever you decide I would think your insurance has to cover proven the fact that your MRI shows a AN diognsis and the date you had it.  Remember that Wait + Watch is a treatment along with surgery or radiation. All three are viable treatments! Whatever option, you should be covered, I am. No one can prove when that AN came there except for that date when it was first discovered. Best wishes, Mickey

free2be

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 08:40:32 pm »
Misty & Mickey,

I too am glad to hear others talking about potential alternative therapies, at least to help with symptoms of ANs. I'm hoping someday they will prove to be more than that. I just posted a long dissertation last night about my research into Boswellia (Boswellic Acid).

See "Feeling Conflicted..." under treatment options -- Radiosurgery. This might be the link:
http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=13255.0

Connie
Diagnosed Nov. 2008 Right AN 7 mm x 9 mm
Incremental MRIs enhancing mass
June 2010 1.4 cm x 0.9 cm extension into the CP angle
Pre-CK Stanford measurements 1.6 X 1.1 cm
9/29/10 - 10/1/10 CK completed with Dr Steven Chang and Soltys, Stanford.
6-month thru three year (8/13) follow ups MRI: stable