Author Topic: Third anniversary w/ pics  (Read 3527 times)

cin605

Third anniversary w/ pics
« on: June 27, 2011, 09:57:15 am »
   Hard to believe 3 years gone by...i have come along way....I am a totally different person...But i am here and still me....I can not do all of the things i used to do....I have faced this(some what)
Over did a little trying to put a desk together...down for a couple days after.
Positive side head aches are under control(gabepenton)head pain is still a prob.,neck spasms just really annoying.
vestubular....40% working.
Most of the sensory overload diminished...except for bad days.
Stiil can not see well in the dark....
Sleep doesn't come easy.
Have met alot of new friends and lost a couple old friends.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 04:57:04 pm by cin605 »
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
Re: Third anniversary
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 11:22:35 am »
Well Happy 3 year post op anniversary!   You for sure have had your struggles in trying to do what they call "adjust to the new me", but when looking back it is nice to see some good and positive in multiple areas.

I too feel like I have many new friends and call you all my additional family, my "AN family".   The people who understand the most & "get it"  ;)    It is truly the biggest bummer though that our lives change some and seems like we end up losing some of our friends.   Don't seem fair.   We try so hard to adjust to the "new me", but sometimes they have a harder time with it.  :(

Wishing you the BEST for the future and hopefully things get easier and sure would be great if all our pains would go away!!

***HUGS***
Denise
W&W 2 yrs. (due to watching other brain tumor: it's stable)
Left AN:  1.2 cm (kept growing during 2 yr.)MIDDLE FOSSA  11/9/09;  Michigan Ear Institute Dr. Zappia & Pieper
SSD, mild tinnitus, delayed onset of facial paralysis lasting 3-4 weeks, no tears AN side
BAHA surgery 10/2/12 Dr Daniels G.R.,MI

cin605

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 11:51:55 am »
TY!Denise! ;D
43yrs old

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 02:47:29 pm »
Cindy ~

Congratulations!  You've had some daunting problems but managed to surmount most of them and effectively cope with the rest.  Well done - and Happy Anniversary!

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Brewers7

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 02:54:01 pm »
Congrats!  I am not far behind you and I am still getting use to the "new normal," which has also included changes in relationships.  God bless you.
Translab surgery 12/15/2008 followed by CSF leakage repair and 3 additional surgeries for MRSA of the brain (NOT typical) SSD,  facial and vocal cord paralysis, numerous reconstructive surgeries, Transear 12/2010

cin605

Re: Third anniversary w/ pics
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 04:59:37 pm »
Thanks friends!
43yrs old

Rivergirl

• Rivergirl
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 07:29:16 pm »
What a great picture, my retro scar went from below the hairline straight up to the top of my head, think I like yours better.  Congrats on 3 years......
Diagnosed 6/2008
Right AN 2cmx8x9
Sub-Occipital at Mass General with Martusa and McKenna on 5/31/11
Right SSD, very little taste
I think I will make it!

tenai98

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 07:32:22 pm »
Congrats congrats...
JO
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm
cyberknife on June 7

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 08:28:19 pm »
Congrats on the 3 year milestone - definitely something to celebrate.

Interesting scar.  My retrosigmoid scar is much small and closer to my ear; and it's shaped like this >

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2011, 08:50:21 pm »
Wow, I always actually wondered what the incision looked like for a retrosigmoid.   Although, just like my middle fossa, I know they can vary based on different situations.

Now I can FOR sure tell why people who have the retro are more common to head pains.   After all the help and discussions I have had the past 1 1/2 yrs. for my own pain and I have learned more about where the nerves lay, I can see where this incision could DEFINITELY affect the occipital nerve!!    Now as for my, I have occipital & facet issues on the opposite side of my surgery, so has nothing to do with my incision area.  BUT, the pains always sound so familiar when I hear people comment about them.   Mine come more other issues, but the surgery really flared up those old issues.  And since being deaf on opposite side I am always craning my head to hear and that just puts more stress on that occipital area & facets.

Thanks for sharing the pic!  Actually the incision looks good.   Can you see your scar at all?   Middle fossa get completely covered up with hair.

Denise
W&W 2 yrs. (due to watching other brain tumor: it's stable)
Left AN:  1.2 cm (kept growing during 2 yr.)MIDDLE FOSSA  11/9/09;  Michigan Ear Institute Dr. Zappia & Pieper
SSD, mild tinnitus, delayed onset of facial paralysis lasting 3-4 weeks, no tears AN side
BAHA surgery 10/2/12 Dr Daniels G.R.,MI

cin605

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2011, 02:35:25 pm »
You really can not see it ..unless your looking for it it extends to the jaw bone down my neck i have a brown wierd scar that goes down my sternoclydalmastoid muscle...pt said there is alot of scar tissue there.
i also get alot of pain from that muscle.
43yrs old