Author Topic: loss of concentration or focus?  (Read 5893 times)

Clifton

Re: loss of concentration or focus?
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2007, 12:59:51 pm »
The closer i get to my surgery date the harder its getting for me to be productive whatsoever.
Im contemplating staying out of work completely until its time for surgery.
2cm AN right side.
Trans-Lab DONE as of sept 14th 2007!
some facial weakness initially, right ear completely deaf.

Dr. Perry      Neuro-otologist
Dr. Bogaev   Neurologist
San Antonio, Texas
25 years of age - 4 years post op

Boppie

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2007, 02:26:20 pm »
Find creative ways to keep you mind busy.  Ideas:  Organize your files at work.  Clean out your work spaces.  Clean, work puzzles, fill up the freezer and pantry with easy food stuff, etc.  Compose a Christmas letter in advance.  Make a data base of all your medical history files.  Make a punch list of some chore to do each day until surgery.  If you lose focus, check the list.

Since you just became engaged, why not make up a list of people who might want to wish you well or attend a wedding some day?  Most brides have a devil of a time getting a list out of a guy.   :)

Post op you'll have to be off from work.  I'd forgo leaving work too soon.  I know of folks who took Ambien for getting rest and helping them relax at night pre-op.  Our friend Kathryn did that.  She worked full time until close to surgery.

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2007, 04:01:18 pm »
Hi Clifton:  Wishing you all the best for your surgery.    As far as continuing to work, I agree with Boppie - focus on making as much $$ as possible pre-surg., you'll need it for your post op recuperation.   I worked right up until my surgery; for me 'ignorance was bliss' (while it lasted) - I didn't realize how difficult post op would be - never mind the facial paralysis (which, thank God isn't the norm), the headaches, dizziness, fatigue is unbelievable.   You'll need time off after surgery, that's for sure.
Always good thoughts Clifton,   Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis