Author Topic: Just added to the W&W list  (Read 3067 times)

Nimrod

Just added to the W&W list
« on: March 31, 2012, 05:53:25 am »
 Just back from my visit to Dr Antonelli at UF in Gainesville. He suggests that I monitor the AN. Really liked the Dr as he is very upbeat, open & a positive personallity. I'm definately not happy with this thing in my head but at least it is not all doom & gloom as I was first thinking. As long as this ringing in my left ear doesn't turn into voices all will be well.
 Thanks all for the support!

millie

Re: Just added to the W&W list
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 08:07:09 am »
Your joke about the voices made me smile.  I wonder if Van Gogh had one of these in his ear.  I bet he did.  Off to the symposium at NYU.  Millie

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 11:43:44 am »
Craig ~

Watch-and-Wait can be stressful but for now, it seems to be a reasonable option for you.  I'm glad you're feeling more optimistic.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Sheryl

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 08:49:04 pm »
Glad you are happy with your doctor - that's half the battle.  UF in Gainesville was one of the recommendations to me (I'm in S.W. Florida).
Sheryl
P.S.  If the ringing turns into lottery numbers please send me a private message  ;)
9th cranial nerve schwannoma - like an acoustic neuroma on another nerve. Have recently been told it could be acoustic neuroma. Only 7 mm of growth in 18 years. With no symptoms. Continuing W&W

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 12:39:08 pm »
W&W is what they tend to do in Europe and it's starting to become more and more the way in the U.S.

Sounds like Dr. Antonelli is a great doc; glad you found him.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Nimrod

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 06:28:22 pm »
 Right now I'll go with what others are calling the "annoying nuisance" ( I love that name)
 The prognosis is good and now that the initial scare has subsided I feel better. I know three people that had brain tumors that did not do so well. Theirs were not AN but when the Dr first says brain tumor what else do you really absorb.
 I can't let this get to me (too badly) right now. I have a very loving family, great Friends & a good job. I plan on focussing on these until the next MRI and pray for some more good news.
 Another bit of sunshine was the Dr cleared me for diving. He gave me a stern warning to go with it but as long as I don't have the vertigo and dive during fair weather conditions I will be good to go.
Since I am really a wimp diver, only going under blue sky conditions, I was elated to hear that news.
 Craig