Author Topic: What have you done to feel good???????  (Read 10330 times)

Nancy Drew

• Colorado Tree Hugger!!!
Re: What have you done to feel good???????
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2006, 02:12:01 pm »
I do a lot of the same things all of you do.  I am totally into my veggie garden, and I can't wait to plant mine this year.  It is fun to share the fruits of my labor with the neighbors.  I do really well with outdoor activities on a sunny day, and I am lucky to have many such days here in CO.  The Home and Garden Channel is fun, and I also like the reality shows.  Spending time with friends who make me laugh, and I try to avoid people who are addicted to negativity.  Volunteer work is fun and rewarding for me.  But, I must admit that I get stuck in depression sometimes, and it is really a stuggle to pop out of it.  As suggested by a therapist, I have made a list of things to do to help me get out of a funk.  For me the best thing I can do is get out of the house and make contact with the world.  Nothing worse than hiding inside and letting the gloom and doom take over.  I am in the watch mode for now so I can't relate to those of you who may be experiencing post op problems.  I think this forum is probably one of the best ways to get support.  Do any of you have a support group for people with AN in your area?  Take care all of you and hope you find something that will make you feel HAPPY today :D ;D :D :)
12/05 AN diagnosed left ear 4.5mm
06/08 6mm
Gamma Knife 10/21/08
1 year MRI  6.8mm x 5.5mm
2 year MRI  5.9mm x 4.9mm
3 year MRI  6.5mm x 6.0mm 
Slight Hearing Loss Post GK

Swedish Gamma Knife Center
Englewood, CO
Dr. Robert Feehs

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2006, 02:20:25 pm »
Whener I feel funky I get down on the floor on all fours on top of my black lab, Ursa, and giver her a big scritchy-scritch.  She grunts, rolls on her back and thumps her tail so hard on the floor the whole house shakes!  I call her Velcro-dog because sh'e never more than a few feet from me all day long.  Except when I take her down to the river to swim.  Lucky to have a house on a river!  I like this thread where we talk about all the good things in our lives!
Captain Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

thecakes

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2006, 02:23:42 pm »
 Ã‚ I have this huge back poarch with ceiling fans.  When its warm I sit out there and do puzzles.  I can let them sit out there for weeks and the place is big enough it wo'nt blow away.  I also love to paint out there.

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2006, 03:27:52 pm »
We have what I call the "summuh house"--a big covered platform that hangs off the bluff overlooking the river. The porch rails are bark-covered branches--very woodsy rustic.  I do my pastels out there with just the sound of the birds and the river and the tree frogs in my head!
It's how I got back into doing my art.  I can't wait till it warms up a little more!!!
I love feeling air on my skin after being cooped up all winter and wearing long sleeves and coats!  No wonder I lived in the islands all those years.
Capt Deb

Battyp

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2006, 04:11:26 pm »
They were DUMB not to vote him off...

I love home improvment projects.  Unf. I can't do what I used to do.  You name it I have the tool  lol  Most guys I date are intimidated by my tool collection  lol  I dont know how you are scraping the celing..Im not allowed on ladder right now.  I decide it would be detrimental to my health right now  lol

My boys are fixed so no labrodoodles, poodles..heck whatever you called them~

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2006, 04:23:43 pm »
Shane gets my vote for the most obnoxious survivor since Johnny Fairplay!  All my Florida Wenches have a Survivor Party every Thursday Night--everybody brings munchies and they all watch on BIIIIG screen.  I LUUUUURRRRVVVVes Survivor--also American Idol altho none of them have rocked my world like Fantasia or Bo.
Capt Deb 8)

matti

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2006, 04:40:48 pm »
I am using a small step ladder with extension poles. My big ladders were taken away from me >:( not sure if I feel safe on them anyway.  I was kneeling on the edge of my pool last week getting a water sample and I fell in. I was fully clothed and the water is 48 degrees. I have not told anyone in my family, for fear they will take that away from me too. My water fearing Labrador was no help, but I know my secret is safe with him. LOL

The infamous Johnny fairplay... I will never forget the heartwrenching story of his dying grandmother...what a jerk! 

I love BO! I think he is sexy and such an awesome singer, while I like Carrie Underwood, Bo was my pick. I don't see much of Fantasia around, she was incredible as well. I also liked "so you want to be a rock star".

Not sure what I used to do before reality tv  ???

3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Battyp

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2006, 08:24:48 pm »
I heard Bo or is it constantine is dating Kelly Pickler? 

I couldn't stand johnny fairplay.  He's on the wrestling circuit now.  LOSER

Wasn't fantasia the one who couldn't read? 

UH OH Matti you better be careful! 

I tried my miter saw one day and had a little problem ( I actually lost the wood and it went flying across the garage) so I'm not using anything right now.   :(

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2006, 08:34:07 pm »
I'm annoyed at Terry too, because if he would have given the immunity idol to Nick, then Shane would be gone, it would be 5-5 and they could have gotten Bruce to flip.  They blew it.  Now one of the negative crew is going to win.   Poo!!!!!

Almost time for the phone tree!!!  That's what we're doing to feel good!
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2006, 07:08:01 pm »
Hi All,

I've been missing this thread!

I made the best meal!  Dr. Love caught 4 beautiful trout and I stuffed them with fresh herbs and  garlic, put lemon slices and butter on them, wrapped them in parchment and baked them in the oven.  They were soooooooo good!  I also stopped by the side of the road to watch our neighbors horses--they have two one-week-old foals--cream colored with big brown spots and they are really adorable. They walk like some of us! ;D

Capt Deb

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2006, 10:10:58 pm »
What I did today was pick up a nice 1000 minute phone card so I can talk to all ye wenches tomorrow!!!!  I ran out of minutes this last month on my cell....what a whirlwind community it's been!!!! 

Shhh, I also picked up a rather large jug of Baileys....the other was empty.  Not a lush at all, but have been enjoying about an inch or so with ice in a hardball glass every other night, and for some reason it goes quickly!!!!  It's my treat instead of dessert!
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

***Leigh***

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2006, 05:31:04 am »
This thread is great and its good to remind ourselves of all the good things that we have in our lives.  I thank my lucky stars for my boyfriend, family and friend... they are the best!!

My boyfriend always knows just the right thing to say and we just have such great fun together.  Can't believe one person could make me sooooooo happy!    ;D

And then there is my 4 year old neice always makes me feel good and has fantastic comic value!  Picture this, cheeky wee face,

Mum:  I dont know what's wrong with you today you are just not yourself
Neice: (complete with eyes roll) I'm a nightmare!!!!

Don't they just make you laugh!

I also like to be pampered... going to be massaged and get fake baked tonight after work.  (In preparation for a wedding tomorrow).  Oh and I like to treat myself to champagne (or rather my boyfriend does), particularly along with breakfast in bed of a Sunday morning.  That's just fantastic!!!  Can always blame my wobbliness on my AN - tee hee but my b/f doesnt fall for that one any more as it only seems to happen when I've been drinking!    :D

Have a good week end everyone.  Anyone up to anything exciting?

L x

thecakes

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2006, 06:25:15 am »
   Speaking of fake bakes in the last message, I have'nt done that in years.  I used to go to the tanning salon for about 15 years{in the summer} and now money is tighter so I'm basck to the old fashoned way, laying out.  Hay its cheaper! so you feel a little like you died out there in the hot sun but it works.  When I lay out I do'nt feel like eating, so that will be good.  For now I stay away from that diet thread.  I think i might have even started that one.  Today my husband comes home.  He drives truck, usually local stuff but this time he had a run in N. Carolina.  We're from Ohio.  So he was gone for a couple of days.  Maybr we'll go out for fish at one of those fish fries.  I love there fish.  Thats my plan for today.

DeniseSmith

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2006, 06:53:27 am »
Well after my bad beginning this week.  Very crabby and pissed off over my situation.

I am in a better mood, here at the end of the week.  Tomorrow my S.O. is working, my sweet 13 yr old is at his dad's and I am looking forward to a day on the couch with some chick flicks.  I might do a little shopping in the a.m., other than that i am staying at home in my flannel pjs and relaxing with my dogs.

Denise

thecakes

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2006, 09:47:48 am »
   Chick flicks....sounds like a winner to me.  I am going to stop at Moms and go for a walk.  I usually walk alone because I sway back and forth and I need the whole sidewalk to walk but today I asked Mom {78} to walk with me.  Just a slow easy pace, and maybe we will walk to Micky-D's for coffee or something.  She said no, its just to much.  I think she's starting to act old.  This is hard for me to except.  She is in good health other wise.  I am going to drive over there anyhow.  Maybe she'll change her mind.