Author Topic: CBS New Story- "Failing the Disabled."  (Read 3757 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: CBS New Story- "Failing the Disabled."
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2008, 06:42:21 am »
(sidenote:  not sure if many of you know, but I was appointed by the town Board of Selectman [sponsored by Town Clerk] to the Commission of Disability and never thought I'd enter the realm of politiks.  As I work more and more on the commission, I am truly learning more about the politics of gov't as it pertains to the disabled.... much of it sickens me... but know, even if in a small way, trying to do my part to help many in our shoes live a better life in the community.  I may not have connections to SSI, etc, but know, this is a small step in trying to do what is right for those around me..... it's a very interesting journey and have the post for 2 yrs..... let's see what I learn that may help the cause down the road......... know that everytime I sit in a commission meeting, you all sit with me in spirit, knowing I'm trying my best, even if in a small way in a small town to try to help......... you all give me inspiration to help me through this... hang tough and keep fighting the fight, folks!  Phyl)
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

OMG16

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2008, 01:12:36 pm »
Phyl thank you for your post.  I wasn't aware and I personally am glad that you are helping all of us.  If you can and don't mind can you start a thread with what you have learned and the progress that you make in the next 2 years.  Your amazing!  16
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2008, 02:30:55 pm »
Phyl,
You amaze me!  You are always in my thoughts and prayers.  I have to convince myself that it is worthwhile to get out of bed in the morning and here you are doing so much for so many.  Huggles to you and may you always be blessed.
Hugs,
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT