Author Topic: Update on Melissa  (Read 4227 times)

Melissasfriend

Re: Update on Melissa
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2008, 05:05:02 pm »
Thanks David  :)

One more update for you... I just talked to Mel and she seems to be doing good.  She was able to eat and was up walking and moving around.  She was really happy to see her kids.  The doctor thinks she will be home Tuesday for sure.  They were going to let her leave Monday but since she has two young kids they want her to be able to recover one more day in the hospital.

I am sure she will be online Tuesday to say hi  ;)

Good luck to all of you!

Kaybo

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2008, 05:49:56 pm »
Great news!!  Thanks again for keeping us updated!!  You are a good friend!!   ;)

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

sgerrard

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2008, 05:58:45 pm »
This coming week looks to be a slow one, going by the AN calendar - and thank goodness, I think we are due, it has been very busy lately.

So, Melissa may well be the talk of the forum when she gets back on. Might want to warn her.  ;D

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

LADavid

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2008, 06:59:34 pm »
Good one, Steve.  There are slow news days in the news business.  We have slow AN weeks on this forum.

Looking forward to seeing you back soon, Melissa.

David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2008, 02:42:47 pm »
Jamie:

Great news!  We look forward to Melissa's return home (and to the forum).  Thanks so much for helping her.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2008, 02:44:15 pm »
The doctor thinks she will be home Tuesday for sure.  They were going to let her leave Monday but since she has two young kids they want her to be able to recover one more day in the hospital.

Sounds like Melissa has a very wise doctor  ;)

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

calimama

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2008, 04:26:45 pm »
Hi Melissa,

Congratulations on getting past this huge event. Nice that you had a friend to let us know that all went well.

Look forward to hearing from you first hand!

best wishes from Toronto, Canada
Trish
Left 2.9cm CP Angle AN discovered Jan 2008. Retrosig surgery June 2, 2008 Toronto, Canada. Facial paralysis and numbness, double vision (4th nerve), SSD. DV totally recovered in 4th month; palsy started to recover slowly around month 7. Had twin boys 13 months after surgery. Doing great.

Mama R

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2008, 07:32:45 am »
Melissa-In my thoughts and prayers. Try to take it easy.

Becky
Translab U of Cinnci - 03/21/08
Dr Theodosopolous & Dr Pensak :)
1 cm

MaryBKAriz

• Weldon (my ROCK!) and me
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2008, 12:29:28 pm »
Hi Melissa and TERRIFIC friend,

We are cheering you on here in Arizona. I want to thank you for updating us, good friend. I hope you are indeed able to come home today. You go girl!

Mary
Diagnosed March 24, 2008, 1.1cm, right side, "Goldie" - small but mighty!! :-(
Hearing, lottsa balance problems and a few facial twitches before CK
CK June 2, 2008, BNI in PHX, Drs Daspit/Kresl, side effects,steroids helped. Getting "sea legs".
Apr 2012 - Still glad I chose CK

cmp

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2008, 01:11:04 pm »
Thanks for the update, Melissa's friend--so glad to hear Melissa is continuing to do well, and also that her doctors are giving her a little extra healing time before she goes home to her kids. It's very smart of them to recognize that small kids can't adapt their energy level and needs to their mom's health situation the way even an elementary aged child is able to.

Looking forward to hearing from Melissa herself when she is home and up to it!
5 cm AN surgery, Shands Hospital, FL, Dr Albert Rhoton, 1988; VII-XII anastamosis for right-sided facial palsy 1989; diagnosed Feb 2008 w/ 1.8 cm recurrence; drs McKenna & Martuza; surgery rescheduled for 6/24/08!

Tamara

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2008, 05:38:01 am »
I'm so happy to hear that everything is going as expected.  Thanks for the updates.  Does Melissa have someone to help with those kids once she's home??

Tamara
7 mm AN left side
translab 6-12-08
postop issues including CSF leak, eye issues, and facial palsy.  All issues resolved at 9 mos. except slight facial palsy & weakness.  Continuing to improve...

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2008, 06:22:02 am »
Melissa! Sending wellness wishes to you! Looking forward to your return! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"