Author Topic: Tip for the homeward bound  (Read 1838 times)

Boppie

Tip for the homeward bound
« on: December 21, 2005, 07:44:44 pm »
About that first shower, place a shower chair in the tub/stall ready for your return.   Put a rubber mat on the floor.   

If you have a wide open eye, our friends here suggest putting some goggles on or taping the eye shut.  Great idea to not allow that water in.

At splash down time.  Warm up the water before you enter (improve to shock value).  Turn the water off momentarily.  Sit down in the chair, then turn on the spray.  See? no surprises! 

On a long drive home I found a thera beads u shaped neck pillow very helpful to take the road shock off my spine and neck. We made a 115 mile trip without oops.  Look straight ahead, down the horizon as you ride  (you're not driving, you're riding). 

Be good to yourself.   Let someone keep track of your meds and get doses on time for the first few days.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 12:34:04 am by Boppie »

Rc Moser

Re: Tip for the homeward bound
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 12:42:48 am »
Also, Don't froget for those of us that had the operation on your first shower.  Cover your wired wide open eye before washing your face ???. You'll only make that mistake once! :o :-[ I garrantee YOU! 8)
9/17/03, 4.5CM, Translab, OU Medical Center, Dr. (the ear man) Saunders and Dr. B. (the BrainMAN) Wilson  along with about 4 other Doctors that keep me going for 18 hours.

Jeanlea

Re: Tip for the homeward bound
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 09:21:08 am »
I found that swimming goggles work well for covering my eye in the shower.  Make sure they create a good seal or your eye will end up swimming in the goggle.  My Speedo pair works well.

Jean
translab on 3.5+ cm tumor
September 6, 2005
Drs. Friedland and Meyer
Milwaukee, WI
left-side facial paralysis and numbness
TransEar for SSD