Author Topic: I'm home!  (Read 7284 times)

jenichol

• Fear not, for I Am with you - Isaiah 41:10
I'm home!
« on: July 01, 2012, 09:17:26 pm »
First of all thank-you so much for your prayers.  I know that prayer sustained me through this whole ordeal.  My surgeons told me that the tumor was much larger from.imaging two months ago.  It was 3+ cm and extended further into theIAC.  Surgery went 12 hrs.  My vertebral artery bled.a lot.I had to sit up at 90 deg the first night in ICU.  My head and my neck hurt.  I have had a history of neck injuries and surgery and my neck.  It definitely protested this surgery.  I improved everyday.   I was discharged on Saturday-6-30-12.  Our powers was out from severe storms. I was coming home to no electricity or running water.  Had made plans to go to relatives house.  We stopped by our home and the powers came on within 45min.  Praise God.  I get to recover in my own home.  Others in our area may be without powers for another week.
Thanks so much for your prayers.  I still have headaches and neck pain and I'm very unsteady.  My gaze is difficult to stabilize.  I know I am going to get there in tine.
Jan
48 yo female --3+cm right sided AN. Retro sig removal 6-22-12 at UVA.  SSD right ear.  HA.  Constant Loud Tinnitus. Fullness. Imbalance.

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
Re: I'm home!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 09:23:27 pm »
Congrats on the homecoming!! That would have truly sucked not having power!!!  Now you just need to relax and take each day slow and steady and not rush anything.  You had some major surgery (even more than usual for this group! :) )  so it will probably take a while to get your mojo back.  Take care and let us know how it goes!

Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

It is what it is

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 09:26:48 pm »
Welcome home!!!!!  Wow, what an experience you had.  Huge congrats on getting through the marathon surgery.  You did it!!!  Time for rest and continued healing. 

Karen
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 06:48:54 am »
First of all thank-you so much for your prayers.  I know that prayer sustained me through this whole ordeal.  My surgeons told me that the tumor was much larger from.imaging two months ago.  It was 3+ cm and extended further into theIAC.  Surgery went 12 hrs.  My vertebral artery bled.a lot.I had to sit up at 90 deg the first night in ICU.  My head and my neck hurt.  I have had a history of neck injuries and surgery and my neck.  It definitely protested this surgery.  I improved everyday.   I was discharged on Saturday-6-30-12.  Our powers was out from severe storms. I was coming home to no electricity or running water.  Had made plans to go to relatives house.  We stopped by our home and the powers came on within 45min.  Praise God.  I get to recover in my own home.  Others in our area may be without powers for another week.
Thanks so much for your prayers.  I still have headaches and neck pain and I'm very unsteady.  My gaze is difficult to stabilize.  I know I am going to get there in tine.
Jan

So sorry to hear of your ordeal but sounds like now you will be able to recover in your own home there was a reason the power started when you went to see your home and that was so you may be able to be at ease if anything happens with your balance at first it is so much easier when you know where everything is  ... "There Is No Place Like Home"....

Take one day at a time you will get there...Praying for a speedy recovery...

Best Wishes,
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.

Handma1d

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 08:40:19 am »
Good job! Slow and steady wins the day!!!
Prayers & Peace,
Diane

mindyandy

• Loving Life
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 10:33:13 am »
Great news. I'm glad to hear things went well. Like everyone else has posted....rest & relax  ;)
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

Manders

• Look closely. God's fingerprints are everywhere.
    • Awkward Turtles
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 11:19:03 am »
So so happy to hear that you are home and healing!  :) God is good and it makes all the difference to be in a familiar environment as you recover. We lost our power as well due to the storm and two days later we are still waiting for it to return.
I will continue to keep you in my prayers! One day at a time.  ;)

Manders
Diagnosed February 2012 * 1.3cm tumor * Experienced sudden & total hearing loss in 2007 in right ear * Translab scheduled for May 11, 2012*Follow my blog at: www.awkwardturtlesan.blogspot.com

Mei Mei

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 01:59:59 pm »
Practice those eye exercises the vestibular therapist probably gave you.   Try to rest a lot.   Standing up is hard on the neck.
Mei Mei
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 02:21:55 pm »
Hey, Jan!

Congratulations on your homecoming and having electric power.  Prayers were definitely answered...again. 

I'm confident your current issues (headaches, neck pain, unsteady) will abate in time.  Rest, do what you can to regain your balance and please keep us updated as you're able.  Thanks!

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Chances3

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2012, 11:16:26 am »
Hi Jan,

Welcome home, and back here on ANA.  The hard part is over, now it's recovery time and feeling better.  I'll keep you in my prayers for a speedy recovery.

God Bless.

It is what it is

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2012, 05:11:56 pm »
How are you today?

With caring

Karen
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.

jenichol

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2012, 06:07:01 pm »
Thanks for all the encouraging posts.  We just got our wifi back today, so I can type on my computer vs. my phone-- so hard on the phone. 

I am still really exhausted.  I sleep a lot, but have been trying to get up and walk around my home.  I have been out into the driveway twice, but it is so hot that I can't get out much.  I had home PT and was whipped afterward.  I got a taste of my own medicine. :)  Trying to balance between rest and activity.  My appetite is not too good, so I am also trying to eat more.  Meals are being brought in by church, family and friends.  This has been such a blessing.  It has been organized so that we are getting a variety of dinners.  I am so thankful to have so much support.  My husband especially has been right by my side every step of the way.   

Thanks again for your prayers and advise.  I know I'll get there in time.

Jan
48 yo female --3+cm right sided AN. Retro sig removal 6-22-12 at UVA.  SSD right ear.  HA.  Constant Loud Tinnitus. Fullness. Imbalance.

It is what it is

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2012, 06:12:23 pm »
It's great you have support as you do the hard work of recovery.  :)

Karen

jenichol

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2012, 06:25:37 pm »
I just wanted to add that I am very thankful to have very minimal facial weakness and no eye problems.  They did leave some of the tumor to preserve my facial nerve. 

Jan

It is what it is

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2012, 06:29:03 pm »
That's good that your facial nerve was preserved. 

Karen