Author Topic: Mobile / Cell phones - more confusing info  (Read 5970 times)

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
Re: Mobile / Cell phones - more confusing info
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2008, 10:22:03 am »

I laugh about the lead poisoning from china ... myself and untold millions of fishing folk use guess what metal for weight .. you guess it.. lead  :o.. I bet I have half a pound a pure lead weights in my fishing bag .. granted .. I wont let a 1 year old play with them....
(some states are banning the use of lead in freshwater)

cell phone use ? ..  yea - I could say driving 80 MPH on the highway increases the chance of road death .. but I still do it ... cell phone use might increase the risk of brain tumors .. but I still do it ... we don't know what causes brain tumors! so how can we jump to this conclusion !!

Personally I want to live a life ..  every thing has its risk and rewards its part of living .. I'm  gonna have a good time while I'm waiting for the end  8)
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2008, 11:44:56 am »
Personally, I think if cell phones cause cancer then we're all gonna die.. wait, we're all gonna die anyway.  There goes that theory.

Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

pswift00

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2008, 12:43:19 pm »
Personally, I think if cell phones cause cancer then we're all gonna die.. wait, we're all gonna die anyway.  There goes that theory.

Brian

This is true.  Over 95% of all of us will die at some point during our lifetimes.  Think about that.   :-\

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2008, 03:43:24 pm »
oh oh

I want to be in the 5%. Please sign me up for that group. I want to live forever! ;) :D ;D

Thus I am wearing an ear piece in my good ear that leads to my cell ..through a fiddly tangely cable -and not placing it right next to my head as a precautionary... I am going to protect that last working ear of mine ... and you can all laugh at me if you want to...  so nah... :P

DHM :D
4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2008, 03:54:40 pm »
oh oh

I want to be in the 5%. Please sign me up for that group. I want to live forever! ;) :D ;D

DHM :D

He said "over 95%" which means it could be less than that.  I'm not sure if I want to live forever or not.  Does this mean we never grow old, or does this mean we keep getting older but never die?  ;)

Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

Nancy Drew

• Colorado Tree Hugger!!!
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2008, 04:39:09 pm »
WOW!  What an interesting topic on a day when I need some intellectual stimulation.  I remember reading in the National Enquirer recently that cell phones do in fact cause acoustic neuromas.  I was reading NE while standing in line at the grocery store, of course!  My AN was diagnosed in 2005, and I got a cell phone in 2006.  My, my, I bet the docs are gonna get rich treating all of these ANs in the future what with all of these people having cell phones glued to their ears all of the time.  And, then the lawyers are going to be busy with the lawsuits against the cell phone companies.  As for lettuce, I have eaten it all of my life, and I do have mental health issues so maybe that one is true.  As for the granite countertop, I wish the woman would have given them to me (that stuff is expensive).  I am sure my formica is causing more harm.  I don't eat fish so I don't have to worry about lead. . . .  On a side note.  My 95 year old grandmother got hit by a big SUV while crossing the street a couple of years ago.  She was thrown ten feet up in the air and landed on her back.  All she wanted was her hearing aids and her purse back.  Luckily her hearing aids made it just fine when they popped out of her ears (do I "hear" commercial material!).  She just turned 95 on Friday, June 13th of this year (she was born on Friday, June 13, 1913), and she is still running around without the use of a walker.  Oh, and she grew up eating lard, fried chicken and all of that bad stuff, and she is still ticking.  So, just shows that no matter what, sometimes life is just the luck of the draw no matter what.  I personally think these ANs are just plain bad luck.  Just thought I'd give my two cents while we are having fun!

Nancy
12/05 AN diagnosed left ear 4.5mm
06/08 6mm
Gamma Knife 10/21/08
1 year MRI  6.8mm x 5.5mm
2 year MRI  5.9mm x 4.9mm
3 year MRI  6.5mm x 6.0mm 
Slight Hearing Loss Post GK

Swedish Gamma Knife Center
Englewood, CO
Dr. Robert Feehs

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2008, 05:46:51 pm »
This has to be the best thread I've read today - hands down!

Thanks for the many chuckles, guys!  :D

Jan - hoping to live to be 204
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Nancy Drew

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2008, 06:12:49 pm »
Well,

My grandmother is 95 as I stated above.  The doctors think she will live to be at least a hundred.  Her sister is 94, and their mother (my great grandmother) died when she was 90.  Maybe I have that gene in me, and I'll live to be 105--oh, let's make it 110.  BTW, my grandmother has dementia, and when she was in the hospital recovering from the car accident, she kept saying, "What happened to me?"  When we told her she got hit by a car while crossing the street, she just said, "Well, I must be pretty tough!"  Five minutes later she asked the same question, and we gave her the same answer. . . . . .  I think all of you here are pretty "tough cookies".  May we all live to be 110!!!  OK, Jan you can live to be 204.  Somebody has to keep this board going and it might as well be you!!!

Nancy
06/08 6mm
Gamma Knife 10/21/08

Englewood, CO
Dr. Robert Feehs

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2008, 07:25:26 pm »
OK, Jan you can live to be 204.  Somebody has to keep this board going and it might as well be you!!!

Works for me  ;)
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2008, 08:51:17 pm »
Does this mean we never grow old ...? 

No – just not grow UP…. ;) :D ;D

DHM
4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

Nancy Drew

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2008, 09:54:27 pm »
This thread has made me laugh just about as much as when Steven told me he said AFLAC in his hearing test!

I am still laughing about that one (hysterically).

Nancy
06/08 6mm
Gamma Knife 10/21/08

Englewood, CO
Dr. Robert Feehs

Nancy Drew

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2008, 10:07:14 pm »
I meant STEVE, the guy who knits hats!  My son's name is STEVEN so it was only my mistake that I called you STEVEN instead of STEVE.  You are probable a Stephen anyway.  Or maybe you are in the witness protection program like Jim, and STEVE isn't your real name either.

Nancy
06/08 6mm
Gamma Knife 10/21/08

Englewood, CO
Dr. Robert Feehs

Esperanza

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2008, 03:03:21 pm »
Hi all,
Herberman was on BBC Radio 4 on Friday talking about his views on mobile phones and cancer.  He quoted the 'Interphone Study' as showing an increased risk of cancer with long term mobile phone use and the increase in numbers of the 'cancerous tumour Acoustic Neuroma' over the last five years.  Then linked them to mobile phone use...
GRRR!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 03:16:44 pm by Esperanza »
Profoundly deaf suddenly on AN side with vertigo January 3rd 2008.
12mm left side AN diagnosed 20th Jan. 2008.  MRI  in July shows no growth. What do I do now?????

sgerrard

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2008, 06:54:11 pm »
You are probable a Stephen anyway.

Yup.

Herberman .. quoted the 'Interphone Study' as showing ...  the increase in numbers of the 'cancerous tumour Acoustic Neuroma' over the last five years.

There goes his credibility...if he had any.

Besides, everyone knows that acoustic neuromas are caused by working in a fish hatchery:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0BUM/is_1_79/ai_59519791

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Nancy Drew

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2008, 11:04:47 am »
Sort of thought this was a "fishy" subject!

Nancy
06/08 6mm
Gamma Knife 10/21/08

Englewood, CO
Dr. Robert Feehs