Author Topic: Stomach Scar.....  (Read 8155 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Stomach Scar.....
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2008, 09:49:37 pm »
K -

good question!

David -

great answer!

And thanks for a man's perspective.  Your scar theory sounds a lot like my BAHA theory.  When I was first contemplating getting the BAHA my mom was really freaked out.  It seems that she and my dad were very concerned that I would never find someone to date, and subsequently marry, once I had a titanium fixture in my head.  (Never mind the fact that I have no intention of ever marrying again)  I told her that if my BAHA "bothered" someone, he wouldn't be the kind of person I would consider dating anyway.  We are what we are - "warts" and all  :D

Although, I must say, Lori I'm second in the donor line behind Phyl  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

sgerrard

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2008, 12:26:33 am »
When I was first contemplating getting the BAHA my mom was really freaked out.  It seems that she and my dad were very concerned that I would never find someone to date, and subsequently marry, once I had a titanium fixture in my head.

Sorry, just can't follow that logic. They clearly don't understand the magnetism, the electricity, the excitement, the aura of awesomeness that accompanies anyone who has a titanium fixture installed in their head, onto which they can snap an electronic device. What were they thinking?  ???

Steve  ;D
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2008, 05:49:57 am »
K -

And thanks for a man's perspective.  Your scar theory sounds a lot like my BAHA theory.  When I was first contemplating getting the BAHA my mom was really freaked out.  It seems that she and my dad were very concerned that I would never find someone to date, and subsequently marry, once I had a titanium fixture in my head. Jan

If I were 18 again ...(I wish!) ..  I would NOT of gotten the BAHA .. I would be concerned with the looks .. ( I was geeky enough! , but I would be a big hit at star-trek conv with a borg implant  ;) ) .

today .. if I was single again and someone turned me down .. that would be ok .. because it they were that shallow .. I would not date them anyway !!!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 05:51:57 am by Joef »
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital