Author Topic: Thinking of Denise, Phyl and Brendalu...  (Read 6881 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Thinking of Denise, Phyl and Brendalu...
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2008, 06:31:19 am »
elderbirds -

it's good to see you've made your treatment decision - usually an extremely difficult thing to do.
And as a single mom who also works full-time and volunteers, I like your logic - it makes perfect sense to me.  I like your attitude also.
Try not to be terrified.  Let us know if there's anything we can do to help put your mind at ease.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Denisex2boys

Re: Thinking of Denise, Phyl and Brendalu...
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2008, 09:17:49 am »
Thanks everyone ....... and Elderbirds - - Good for you on your decision - - you and I can go thru this together - It is nice to know that I am not alone this week in making that 'decision'.

- Oct. 16/08 - 12 hour 'blob-ectomy' at LHSC in London, ON - Dr. Lownie and Parnes
- Some internal facial numbness (cheek, tongue, eye), SSD, headaches (getting better), dry eye, some balance issues..... but othwise AWESOME!

Kate B

• AN World
Re: !!
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2008, 08:15:14 pm »
I just met with the neurosurgeon today and also have decided on surgery.  I know how you are feeling, a big sense of relief... but waiting the phone call with the big date! ....  It is easier, with better outcomes while it is still a smaller size.  I rationalized with my self that it will not get smaller on it's own, I am not getting any younger, and my health is not going to improve over the next several years.

Hi Elderbirds,

I agree that the statistics are in your favor having surgery when the tumor is smaller.  Actually, during the time that I vascillated between treatments (even wait and watch), one of my determining factors was that because it was smaller, it allowed me many choices all with positive outcomes.

All the best,
Kate
Kate
Middle Fossa Surgery
@ House Ear Institute with
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger
November 2001
1.5 right sided AN

Please visit http://anworld.com/