Author Topic: Newbie introduction  (Read 8077 times)

Yvette

• Yvette
Re: Newbie introduction
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2007, 04:20:15 pm »
Ohio-How are ya? What's happening? Just checkin' on ya, Yvette
3cm translab Jan. 2007 performed at Mayo Clinic MN. by Drs. Link and Driscoll. SSD but doing great!

oHIo

Re: Newbie introduction
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2007, 06:42:57 pm »
Steve...thanks for the info.  I am sending my MRI and hearing report to House and am also looking locally for another opinion.  I really do not want radiation of any kind.  Just personal objections, not scientific.  I guess my thought also about having surgery, then having to have radiation is that I if I am going to go to the trouble of having surgery, I want it to take care of the tumor without knowing I am going to have to have further treatment to finish the tumor off.  I know there are always exceptions to the rule but I don't want to go into surgery knowing this is the first of two parts to get rid of it.  I seem to have an affinity for growing benign tumors in serious places and fear purposely leaving in part of the tumor, even with radiation, might come back to bite me in the end.

I guess if I already had some hearing loss, I'd be open to a translab without blinking.  But true to me not doing anything "textbook" my hearing isn't the issue.  That is where I am stuck.  The good thing is that I have time to make a decision and further explore my options.  I've been known to change my mind before, so nothing is out of the realm of possibilities.  That is why I am continuing to obsessively research my options and try to figure out what option I can best live with.