Author Topic: Hi  (Read 9120 times)

mimoore

• Believe!
Re: Hi
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2009, 04:05:23 pm »
Welcome Nikki,
I too live not too far from Toronto.
Welcome to our neat little club that seems to be growing and growing. It is sad but you have found a great group of people who are in the same boat as you and can truly understand how you feel.
Michelle  ;D
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

opp2

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2009, 11:42:59 am »
Thanks both Trish and Michelle. I appreciate your responses. Congratulations Trish. I've read some of 'Keepingups' blog...she's one busy Chick. Twins, yes I can imagine, but can't empathize. Twins seem to run in my office. There are 3 girls there right now who have twins after their first, and 4-5 who have departed and gone to other offices. I was really nervous the second time I got pregnant, that is for sure!

I have an appt with Dr. Guha on Nov 5th. He's back practicing I'm happy to tell you. Off to gymnastics!
Diagn Apr 14 2009 with 2.5 cm lt AN. - numbness in the face and sudden onset headaches accompanied by balance issues. Consults with Drs in S Ontario, California (House) and Vancouver. Picked Dr. Akagami in BC.
Retrosigmoid July 6, 2010, 3.0cm by then. SSD left, no other significant side effects.

calimama

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2009, 07:47:24 pm »
Nikki...
yes, i knew that Guha was back. I saw him for my (belated) one year follow up. he reviewed my follow up mri (delayed due to pregnancy and birth). he is really wonderful, and i feel that i decided on surgery (which i was totally against) from meeting with him. Tell him i said hi.
yes, twins are tough, but magic.

good luck, send me a PM if you want.

Trish
Left 2.9cm CP Angle AN discovered Jan 2008. Retrosig surgery June 2, 2008 Toronto, Canada. Facial paralysis and numbness, double vision (4th nerve), SSD. DV totally recovered in 4th month; palsy started to recover slowly around month 7. Had twin boys 13 months after surgery. Doing great.