Author Topic: Follow-Up MRI  (Read 4795 times)

Static

Follow-Up MRI
« on: June 22, 2006, 07:09:22 pm »
Going for my 2 year follow up MRI on Monday.  I have a terrible feeling about and am hoping I am way off.  It's just been a really bad few weeks.  Got laid off 2 weeks ago and had to put my dog down this past weekend, the best dog I ever had in my entire life, it was really hard.  I do have the pup to keep my occupied, but I really miss my older dog!  Anyway, hopefully this will not be week 3 news.  My aunt always used to tell me bad luck comes in threes.  I really have to get my mind from thinking this way, it's making my crazy!  Someone please smack some sense into me!
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

Jeanlea

Re: Follow-Up MRI
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 07:18:32 pm »
Static,

I have a feeling that your MRI will be fine.  Sorry to hear about your dog.  It's hard to lose a dog you've had for so long.  The pup should keep you happy.  Time to go to the beach with a good book and relax.  :-)

Hugs,
Jean
translab on 3.5+ cm tumor
September 6, 2005
Drs. Friedland and Meyer
Milwaukee, WI
left-side facial paralysis and numbness
TransEar for SSD

russ

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 07:43:13 pm »
Hi Static!
  Why the feeling about the MRI? Have you had increasing symptoms?
  Sorry about your dog. Animals seem to become nearly a part of who we are sometimes.
  Russ

mellowrama

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 08:02:58 pm »
Hey Static,

That sure is a cute pup - keep your chin up and don't let the 3 thing get you down!  Do something that makes you happy...

:) mel
22mm x 19mm x 12mm CyberKnife  9/25/2006 BNI Dr. Daspit/Dr. Smith/Dr. Brachman
Failed radiation - regrowth to 2.6cm 
Translab Surgery w/ House Docs 8/26/2009 Dr. Friedman, Dr. Schwartz, SSD, tinnitus. 
Baha surgery with Dr. Baker in OKC nov 2009
Baha revision surgery by Dr. Horn in ABQ 8/2011

Battyp

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 08:13:33 pm »
Static I've heard the same thing about 3's.  I too lost my job two weeks ago (they didn't lay me off just merely offered me 3 hours a week to get my to quit).  Funny I know something else bad happened I just can't remember what right now, Oh yeah now I know I lost my health insurance  >:(  I also just went yesterday for my 10 mos follow up visit and was getting anxious.  Hoping you get some good news!  You are long overdue like I was.  So sorry to hear about your dog...that to me would be like losing my best friend. 

My follow up went ok.  My mri showed a big cyst which scared the crap out of me but they said it was normal.  Guess the empty space in my head is finally filling up  lol  Sending big hugs your way for some good news!

I got mine in the doctors telling me they didn't want me to work at all so I will keep my disability and be able to keep the roof over my head. 

vjharris

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 09:01:06 pm »
Static,
Don't forget that GOOD things can also come in threes!  :)
Not knowing how bad our lives MIGHT get can make us all crazy sometimes. Hang in there. (Sorry about your dog...I miss mine, too.)
vjh
2.2x2.37 right side meningioma or acoustic neuroma
Gamma Knife Dec 5, 2006

matti

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2006, 09:33:19 pm »
Static - I understand exactly how you are feeling, when so much is going wrong, you can't help thinking "what else?' I think that feeling is normal, but I know your MRI will be fine. Were you able to get away for a few days with your daughter?

I am so sorry about the loss of your dog. They definetly become like one of our children. Putting my sweet dog down was the hardest thing I ever had to do. Hugs to you.

take care,
Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

wind6

• Winch Wench ;)
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2006, 11:28:21 pm »
Hi Static, I don't have any smacks for you...would a big hug do? :-* I know how you feel with the anxiety. I can just think about an MRI and begin to feel the dread. Its not that MRI's are all that bad...its that I now associate it with my surgery morning. Takes me a bit to realize I am not back there again.
I'm very sorry to hear about your canine friend. Its very sad to lose a pet so close and I agree its just like losing a family member.
Maybe you can do something you really enjoy for the weekend to keep your thoughts in a kinder place and we will all be right here waiting for your check-up news next week.        Sherry
2.5cm x 3.1cm facial nerve neuroma
removed 8-2-2005(retrosigmoid)
St.Johns Hospital-Springfield,Illinois
Dr.Michael McIlhany and Dr.Carol Bauer
Wait n' watch mode for 8 years.
Gamma Knife at Northwestern Memorial Hospital. Chicago,IL. Dr. James P. Chandler. July 10, 2013.

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2006, 12:16:08 am »
Your MRI will be okay!!  Don't obsess over this.  Deep breaths. A little meditation. Whatever it takes to keep you grounded. Don't let your fears overwhelm you.  My sympathies over the loss of your beloved pet. Been there too. I've cried a bucket of tears over the last 30 years of pet ownership.  I decided, even tho my husband wants another cat, that we need a long break from pets. So we don't have one now. But when I had to put down my kitty of 19 years, that one was the straw that broke the camel's back.  No pets for awhile.  If ever again. But I know that I did the best for our pets, and you know you did the best for yours. Your sadness will be replaced by all the loving and fun memories of your dog.  Maybe our motto should be : "This, too, shall pass."   :)
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

cookiesecond

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2006, 12:34:08 am »
I was thinking about saying consider yourself smacked but I have to agree with Sherry and am sending you a hug!!! My doctor called today to set up my first mri since surgery so I know a little how you feel. Let's just keep happy thoughts and pray for good news!Try to keep yourself busy this weekend and keep us posted.
Take care,
Lynn

I'm sorry about your dog

Static

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2006, 06:54:23 pm »
Thanks everyone.  Just trying to keep myself occupied right now.  Taking my oldest daughter to college this weeked for marcihing band (color guard) tryouts on Sunday.  I think it's supposed to rain all weekend.  I hope that's the worse!  Trying to think good thoughts.  I dunno  Russ, just have a weird feeling  :-\  Stupid n key keeps falling off.
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

Battyp

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2006, 10:18:22 pm »
Sue my parents said the same thing....and after 1.5 years broke down and got a puppy.  Oh boy are they regretting that one  LOL  She's a doll but they have never really had a puppy they usually have gotten an older dog from the shelter. 

Static...you are going to be fine...didn't you feel the earth rotate forcing the center of goodness to wash over all of us?  I swear it must be true as this week went pretty well for me with my doctors appointments and my job situation after weeks (ok maybe months) of frustrations and absolute stress.  I even got my call for my testing appointment from vocational rehab that I've been waiting on since February! 

Know we're with you and cookie every step of the way! :-*

Kathleen_Mc

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2006, 06:58:41 am »
Static and all those who get the "pre MRI anxieties", I can totally relate, even after many MRI's post surgery I get to the point of agitation the night before and this is a normal reaction, the process brings bad memories of what has happened and fears of what if's as well (not to mention I'm clausrophobic). I found "talking to myself" (but not out loud in public!!!) and continually telling myself it will be alright no matter what shows up helps as well as talking to others (not necessarily here or other survivors either) helps too, even if they don't have the right answers just letting it out helps.
Kathleen
1st AN surgery @ age 23, 16 hours
Loss of 7-10th nerves
mulitple "plastic" repairs to compensate for effects of 7th nerve loss
tumor regrowth, monitored for a few years then surgically removed @ age 38 (of my choice, not medically necessary yet)