Author Topic: pulsatile tinnitus -need advice please  (Read 1180 times)

bdsgurl

pulsatile tinnitus -need advice please
« on: February 03, 2009, 12:38:29 am »
I developed pulsatile tinnitus in my Right ear about 3 months ago. MY AN is on my left side, where i have white noise tinnitus and all that fun stuff. I am having my translab on the 11th of Feb and am scared becuase i have read online etc that pulsatile tinnitus is usually associated with vascular issues and im afraid to go down for an 8 hour surgery if there is something going on in that area.

I was reading today that it can be associated with blood flow to the neck and head area being a little restricted, that makes sense becuase my nueroma is 4 cm (just found it last week) and they say it is putting pressure on my brain stem already. If that was the cause I guess it would make me feel better becuase I would know that i should be safe in surgery. Has anyone else had this be an issue with an AN, do you know if its common??

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated, im thinking I need to talk more about it to Dr. Brackmann before I go into surgery, like on the 10th when im in pre op stuff with him and the internal medicine dr.

lacey7

• Prayer means everything to me.
Re: pulsatile tinnitus -need advice please
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 02:07:50 am »
I'm sorry, I don't know anything about it.....but I want to say I sure would be talking to your doctor about it, before surgery.  It doesn't hurt....and if he is satisfied with knowing everything......then you can relax until your surgery date.  Sometimes God helps us, and sometimes we have to help ourselves.  When it comes to things like this.....don't second guess the doctor. 
At least that's my feelings.
Please take care, and find out what you need to know...and trust your doctor AND GOD, that they know what they are doing.
Love,
Lacey
Diagnosed 4/15/08.
AN - 1.4 cm.  Translab surgery 6-26-08.  SPF leak 7-5-08, and went back into surgery 7 -6-08.
SSD left side, after surgery
Dr. LaRoure - Providence Hospital, Southfield, MI.

Esperanza

Re: pulsatile tinnitus -need advice please
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 09:53:25 am »
Hi,
I have developed a pulsative type of tinnitus in my right non-AN ear over the last few weeks.  Had some advice that it is linked to
circulation so would tend to increase at night when lying down or when busy and the heart rate is up - this does unfortunately mean
it sometimes kicks in when I'm concentating the most and can be a bit frustrating.  Having said that I feel like my whole head is doing it sometimes while I am relaxing and watching TV  ???
It wasn't suggested I had any tests to rule out other conditions but I hadn't researched it before my appointment and I am now wondering if I should have a blood test or some other investigations to check my thyroid levels, eustachian tube etc. 
My AN is just 'kissing' my brain stem but there wasn't any suggestion that the tinnitus on my good side was linked directly to the AN but who knows, I think I am learning to expect the unexpected at every turn with these things lol...   
I think it is important you get all the reassurance you need before surgery - don't forget your list of questions at the pre-op check!
and please pass on any information for fellow sufferers!
x

« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 09:55:43 am by Esperanza »
Profoundly deaf suddenly on AN side with vertigo January 3rd 2008.
12mm left side AN diagnosed 20th Jan. 2008.  MRI  in July shows no growth. What do I do now?????