Author Topic: Blinking eye  (Read 2278 times)

er

Blinking eye
« on: April 26, 2007, 07:24:37 pm »

My daughter in law and grandson or up from Arizona. I had not seen them in almost 2 years. He asked me why my one eye kept blinking, mom tried to have him not ask the question. I told her it was all right. I mention to him since surgery my left side of my face did not work properly so that my good side was still functioning.
Out of the mouth of babies. By asking questions that is how they learn.
er

Palace

• Palace
Re: Blinking eye
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 04:21:01 am »
er

Your grandson will tell his friends that grandma "winked" at him the whole trip.  (making him the most popular)   ;) 

I hope you had a wonderful visit there in Oregon. 

Did you go out sight-seeing at all?  (them, from Arizona and I remember reading once, you're in Oregon.

Anyway, I hope you got some pictures and had fun.

Palace
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 11:12:48 am by Palace »
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

Rob7

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 09:28:13 am »
   I had Sheree brief all the kids about my eye, voice and face before I came home.  A few days later a friend's daughter looked at me funny and asked, "What's wrong with your lips?"  I just had to smile (Half a smile!) and tell her why they were not working right.  So funny how innocent and sincere children can be when they are curious.
Don
2.5 cm
surgery 3/8/07 to remove 75%
shunt surgery 3/19/07
recovering.......

Pembo

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 10:35:12 am »
I met a fellow AN veteran a few months after my own surgery and the one thing I noticed was how her eye was blinking all the time. My husband pointed out later that it was her good eye blinking, her other eye didn't blink at all. It probably didn't blink more than a normal person it just seemed that way since only one was working.  And then I realized that's what I looked like...a sobering moment, to say the least.

Surgery June 3, 2004, University Hospitals Cleveland, BAHA received in 2005, Facial Therapy at UPMC 2006