Author Topic: ANA Discussion Forum NE "Spring Fling" Brunch at Maxwell's  (Read 37312 times)

stoneaxe

• Make your good days more than make up for the bad.
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
Re: ANA Discussion Forum NE "Spring Fling" Brunch at Maxwell's
« Reply #120 on: April 19, 2009, 11:31:01 pm »
Thanks Phyl...that was a great time. Thanks to everyone...I enjoyed yor company.
Bob - Official Member of the Postie/Toasty Club
6mm AN treated with Proton Beam Radiosurgery in March 2004
at Mass General Hospital, Dr's Loeffler and Chapman
Cut the little bugger out the second time around in 2009..translab at MGH with Dr's McKenna and Barker.
http://www.capecodbaychallenge.org

LisaP

« Reply #121 on: April 20, 2009, 05:22:27 am »
Rich,

thanks for posting the picutres, thanks to everyone for a great time and great food,

Pearl:  thanks for planning the event
Jim and others: for reading my report and helping me better understand it
Jane:  for driving, next time gas on me or lunch

Kathy and Rivergirl: don't forget to e-mail me

Nancy and Charlotte: what an inspiration you both are to me, both had recent surgeries and both of you look amazing.

See you all in six months

LisaP ;D
LisaP
AN at 12mm by 7mm by 7mm,  shown no growth as of September 26, 2013, 5.5 years into this journey.  Next MRI 2015. Doctors: Mason and McKenna.  Continue to W&W

Kaybo

« Reply #122 on: April 20, 2009, 06:33:07 am »
Rich~
Thanks for the names - I had most of them figured out!  No, sadly, there is no group here.  I know one lady from my hairdresser and I stalked one lady in WalMart - they are MUCH, MUCH older than I am - even though I do visit with Marsha at the hair place.  I know one other lady (& am waiting in the wings to help her) but she is in TOTAL denial - can't even talk at all about it.  She is in Watch and Wait - she is over the gymanstics at the community college where Kendie takes gymnastics so I see her all the time.  When we were in Houston at Christmas, Dave & I met up with Pooter, MsMaggie, Brendalu and Waypoint - it was wonderful!!  Keri-I will take you up on that!!

Glad everyone had a great time! ;D
K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

cin605

« Reply #123 on: April 20, 2009, 07:34:53 am »
Graet pics thanks for sharing.Everyone looks great!
I just had one question??The bus behind you guys in 1st pic says its going to London Bridge??I had to chockle due to the nursery ryme. ;D
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #124 on: April 20, 2009, 08:30:10 am »
Hi all,

*burp*.... well, another grande time had by all!  I appreciate the "thanks" but... I do nothing but hold the room.... you all are what "make" the brunch, so I thank everyone for showing up!  Now, based on the last headcount and yesterday's headcount, we are, once again, graduating to a larger room, depending on how the next one goes for those interested in attending.  Out of the "boardroom" and onto "Maxine's" room! :) 

Rich, thanks for sharing the piccies... gawd, I look terrible! I have my pics to post but have to upload them first (still having computer issues). Will post as soon as I can.

for the regrets (JoeF, YogaSue and Grammy Mary)... heck, we had no room for ya ;) but you were soooo sorely missed!!!

Great to see many of the Brunch vets... and our lovely new addition of Miss Audrey who slept in my arm while I tried to feed my face!  What a cutie-patootie and now must find a boyfriend for her!

to my brunch co-hort in crime... Jane... you made the brunch so very special and can't thank you enough for the goodies and for Gil's special "note" :)  Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!   :-*  :-*  :-*

For ALL the new faces.... oy... I lost track!  Laura and Keri, best wishes at the marathon today!  Laura, please keep us updated on your treatment next week at SBI

Joe and Bob and Leslie and Molly and NancyMc and Scarlett and Rich and oy, I lost track! what a genuine, genuine pleasure to have you all join us and hoping you make the next one!

I feel fat......I don't have to eat this week based on yesterday..... and extend a BIG thank you to everyone that helped make it a very special day.

Oh, btw, the bus also notes Trafalgar Square, my fave spot in Central London! :D

and.... LisaP..... I'm going to the Yankees game.... I'm going to the Yankees Game!  ;D  :-*  :-*  :-*

Keep an eye open in the AN Community forum for the next brunch update. Targeting October and will have to book far in advance to get Maxine's room.... will advise.

thanks again all!

Phyl
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 08:32:38 am by ppearl214 »
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

jcinma

« Reply #125 on: April 20, 2009, 08:44:43 am »
What a great day!

Phyl,
thank you for all that you do, you are 'absolut'ly the best

Katie,
thank you for sharing your beautiful Audrey with us!

thank you to Maxwells for breaking my scale this morning! The food and those dumplins' just delicious.

Brunch Bunch,
thank you all, what a warm and wonderful 'bunch' you are!

Looking forward to October-

Jane

1cm AN removed (lost hearing) 11/96
3cm reccurrence debulked to preserve facial function 2/05
FSR 4/05
Mass General Hosp. Boston MA

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
« Reply #126 on: April 20, 2009, 01:05:53 pm »

Count Scarlett & I in for Oct.;D

It was an awesome day, and the dumplins were delicious, yum :D

Can anyone verify that I have the names correct, and identify the two that I couldn't remember ???

Thanks,

Rich
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Crazycat

• Self-Portrait/ "Friends, Romans, countrymen...."
« Reply #127 on: April 20, 2009, 01:09:06 pm »
Remember the first one? It was just a handful of us sitting around one of those round tables at the back of the room next to the dessert section. That was four years ago!

Phyl, you must have a few pictures from that one, I know that I do: when we were standing out front comparing MRI scans. Ahhh, the good old days!

I'll send them to you if you'd like for posting—but first I have to located them.
5cm x 5cm left-side A.N. partially removed via Middle Fossa 9/21/2005 @ Mass General. 
Compounded by hydrocephalus. Shunt installed 8/10/2005.
Dr. Fred Barker - Neurosurgeon and Dr. Michael McKenna - Neurotologist.

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #128 on: April 20, 2009, 01:23:23 pm »
Dang! and I need to lose the weight from YESTERDAY! :)  Me is thinking a Baseball end of season brunch again... much like when we won WS back in 2007 :D :D :D

I think.... but, I have a brain tumor, so don't quote me... but I believe that is NH Leslie.... and... for sure, that is Kathy McDonald standing next to her very huggable spouse, Bob! :)

Count Scarlett & I in for Oct.;D

It was an awesome day, and the dumplins were delicious, yum :D

Can anyone verify that I have the names correct, and identify the two that I couldn't remember ???

Thanks,

Rich
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #129 on: April 20, 2009, 01:24:54 pm »
I do have them! Oh, my... the small headcount days... ok who was there?  I think it was... you, me, Jane, JoeF, ellenvig, katie? or Yogasue?  I have the pics on my home computer, which is under the weather right now.. and hoping to have it back up and running this week.

Remember the first one? It was just a handful of us sitting around one of those round tables at the back of the room next to the dessert section. That was four years ago!

Phyl, you must have a few pictures from that one, I know that I do: when we were standing out front comparing MRI scans. Ahhh, the good old days!

I'll send them to you if you'd like for posting—but first I have to located them.

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #130 on: April 20, 2009, 01:29:12 pm »
On my frappr! :)  2006! And it was katie and yogasue! :)

I do have them! Oh, my... the small headcount days... ok who was there?  I think it was... you, me, Jane, JoeF, ellenvig, katie? or Yogasue?  I have the pics on my home computer, which is under the weather right now.. and hoping to have it back up and running this week.

Crazycat

• Self-Portrait/ "Friends, Romans, countrymen...."
« Reply #131 on: April 20, 2009, 02:09:29 pm »
That was quick!!

So it was in '06? That makes sense. There were only seven of us then.

Thanks again Phyl!
5cm x 5cm left-side A.N. partially removed via Middle Fossa 9/21/2005 @ Mass General. 
Compounded by hydrocephalus. Shunt installed 8/10/2005.
Dr. Fred Barker - Neurosurgeon and Dr. Michael McKenna - Neurotologist.

elliemae

« Reply #132 on: April 20, 2009, 02:15:38 pm »
Add my thanks to Phyl & Jane for the set-up and favors!
And so great to see everyone, vets and newbies, baby Audrey and a special to our long-distance runners - How'd you do, Laura?  And Keri - your husband?

Got to say, lunch stayed with me almost as long as Paul (was that a 9:30 PM post I saw?!) I did sneak in a snack around 8:00!

it proves that you can survive AN surgery and still go through the stress of driving in Boston without too many ill effects - Keri
Keri, you deserve that special wreath they hand out at the marathon finish line ... even me, a native Bostonian, has refused to drive in Boston for my whole (long) life!

See you all in the fall!
Elaine
(sorry I can't see those pictures yet - blocked out here at work ... looking forward to them!)

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #133 on: April 20, 2009, 03:41:29 pm »
Everybody looks like they were having a grand time, and well fed, too!  Nice to turn lemons into lemonade.  Have an AN?  Do lunch!!  ;D ;D ;)

Sue in Vancouver USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Keri

« Reply #134 on: April 20, 2009, 05:12:33 pm »
Hello all,
I'm glad to say I have turned in my rental car and am sitting in NH just waiting for my flight. The tunnels / driving in Boston is wicked stressful !(isn't wicked a Boston word)? I survived! I headed into town today on the T. Got a great spot near the finish. My husband didn't requalify with this race (4:00ish) but at least I saw him coming down the stretch. He had a smile kind of frozen on his face! He looked kind of out of it but happy in a robot sort of way! I looked for Laura and didn't see her. I'm sure she did well. That was an experience.  Being near the end with all those buildings forming kind of an echo chamber makes for a great finish for marathon runners.

I had a great time up here, though it was a quick visit. I think I drove more in 2 days than I do in MD in a month! It was so nice to meet all of you and I hope I can come back sometime. If any of you want to come to the DC area, let me know (or Baltimore)!!

Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!